+ Reply to Thread

Low Earpiece Volume

I'v had difficulty with the volume from the earpiece. I have it set to Max 7 volume level but it is barely audible under normal conditions. I used it at the Ballpark and it impossible to hear anything! Has anyone experienced this with their 7135. Any suggestions or comments? Thanks for the input!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Did you just get the phone? Has it always been that way? If so, check that you removed the protective plastic covering the brushed metal around the screen. Also, it takes a little getting used to where the speaker holes are in relation to some people's ears. Do you have a headset and if so, is the volume ok there?
    Taylor Made Web Sites and Domain Services
    Happy Kyocera 7135 User 2003-2008. Now Treo 800w.

Try holding the earpiece a little lower on the ear. The 7135's speaker is placed a bit higher on the earpiece than you'd normally expect. Several similar complaints were solved this way along with a few slaps to the forehead some time ago.

I had the same problem, and believe it or not all you should have to do is clean the contacts of the ear piece jack. I simply used my fingers to wipe it off and it worked fine after that. I still have to do it from time to time and I think dust builds up and makes for a shoddy connection.

cjc
    This sounds odd, but you need to "aim" with your ear. There is a sweet spot with the ear piece. It is just a matter of finding it and getting used to it. My previous phone was the little Vader. I had the same problem until I got used to it.

I thought he was asking about the stereo ear bud, not the phone itself

Thanks for all the input! I'm ashamed to admit it but the plastic that covers the screen when the phone was delivered was in fact covering the earpiece. I have since cut that plastic a little and I'll see if that helps. Just got the phone yesterday. I'm trying to keep the plastic on as long as possible to protect that beautiful screen!! Great forum! Sorry for the stupidity!

Hey no problem Terp.

I bet that's why some people have complained that they didn't like the phone volume when they went to a store to look at it. Maybe the stores didn't remove it either. I guess Kyo could have punched some holes through it so it would work with it on.

You can buy screen protectors for the phone. I got the strong engineering ones (http://www.strongengineering.com) but try as I might, I can't seem to get the screen one on there without messing it up or having lots of bubbles. I did get the one on the graffiti area no problem and that's the place that's going to get the most wear.

I, on the other hand, really do have a low volume, especially wthrough the speakerphone. I have all volumes set to the highest setting, but it's just not loud enough.
    Any ideas?

Do you get normal volume other than while using the speakerphone? How about with a headset?

I haven't tried a headset, as I'm still waiting for a delivery from Dan. Normal earpiece volume is not great either.

Flugel,

RE: your low speakerphone volume. The speaker for the speakerphone is on the OUTSIDE cover of the phone. The two slots near the lower right corner. When using the speakerphone turn the phone over to hear better. And believe it or not, the person you are speaking to WILL be able to hear you to.
    Marvin