+ Reply to Thread

Is there a way to simulate a hotsync install from SD card?

Howdy! I'm using one of the modified KWCDisplay.PRC files provided by user "ep" on this site. Over the past few days, I have encountered a few unexpected hard resets, and everything has been wiped out from my 7135 (JBBackup lockup and conflict of some sort) multiple times. When I restore everything via BackupBuddyVFS, including the KWCDisplay.PRC file, the new icons and colors in the file do not take affect even after multiple soft resets. Restoring the image backup from JBBackup also has this problem. The only way I can get the modified version of the file working again is to do a standard reinstall of it via a hotsync, which requests a reset of the device automatically when the hotsync is done. Is there a way to simulate a hotsync install from SD card so I can get the modified KWCDisplay.PRC file working without have to do an actual hotsync ???
    Michael

try using FileZ to copy the file from the SD card to the palm. I use this procedure all the time to install simple apps to my phone when i don't want to sync.
    mg

Originally posted by MGuzzy
    try using FileZ to copy the file from the SD card to the palm. I use this procedure all the time to install simple apps to my phone when i don't want to sync.
    mg
    Tried that. It doesn't seem to work - maybe because of the "Reset" flag in the file is not getting asserted on the 7135 when doing it that way. Any other ideas???
    Michael

Did you try manually reseting after copying? I'm sure you did. I know when I copy ringers to my phone using the FileZ copy method I have to soft reset my phone. Unless HotSyncing must update some registry setting somewhere, but I'm only guessing.
    mg

Cocked, Locked & Loaded RedDog205's Avatar
    The only way to do it is beam it (I use my iPAQ for this all the time) or hotsync.
    Nothing is idiot proof. There's always a smarter Idiot.
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/reddog205.jpg

Originally posted by MGuzzy
    Did you try manually reseting after copying? I'm sure you did. I know when I copy ringers to my phone using the FileZ copy method I have to soft reset my phone. Unless HotSyncing must update some registry setting somewhere, but I'm only guessing.
    mg
    Yeah, tried manually reseting - no joy doing that either. Sounds like I'm stuck with the hotsync method. Oh well.
    Michael