+ Reply to Thread

Change hard buttons to reset

Soft resets seem to be something we all have to live with. I accept that. I would however, like to make it a little easier to reset my 7135. I have little use for the web button, and don't have an immediate need to covert this button for the use of another application.

Does anyone know if a hardbutton could be coverted into a RESET button so I don't have to open the battery compartment?

Soft reset application

SmartDevil, click on the url below to get a small application called PaperClip (and two other files). Assign PaperClip to one of your hard buttons and you have a soft reset at your fingertips.

Hope this helps, Bill

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=8690
    bcottun

pzc
    bcottun has a nice solution. Another way is to use X-Master. It has Soft Reset in the Extensions menu.

Whenever I need to do a soft reset, it is because the phone is locked up and unresponsive to any buttons. will these solutions work when the phone is locked up? If not, is there much value in using either of these solutions?

pzc
    I just tested bcottun utilities. They work like a charm - especially when the phone locks up!

Thanks bcuttun!

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Bill,

Just added PaperClip to my 7135, and changed my Web button to PaperClip.

Your suggestion was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again!

This does sound good. I just installed it and assigned it to a hard key. It does do a reset when I hit the key. This is the first time I'm looking forward to my phone locking up.... well, at least one more time so I can try out this key! thanks bill

Soft reset apps

Kada, you want to use Crash to do an auto reset if your phone locks up. PaperClip is what you want to use when youi wish to manually initiate a soft reset. Same results but one is automatic and one is manual.

Regards, Bill
    bcottun