+ Reply to Thread

Tracking 1xRTT data usage?

Hello:

Just wondering if there is a way to track data transfer on the 7135 as I am billed by the megabyte by my service provider.

Thanks, Audi.

Johnathen Lieber
    You might try the program MC. I know it works with verizon service for keeping track of minutes and does track the following:

Outgoing Calls Used
    Incoming Calls Used
    Data Calls Used
    Missed/Other Used

Keeps track of peek and non peak times also. I don't know what the units are but assume they are minutes. When installed in the phone it's labeled as Minutes but the downloadable file is called MC and can be found at: http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/

what plan/provider? i have verizon with americas choice plan and don't get charged for anything more than airtime.

Re: Tracking 1xRTT data usage?

Originally posted by Audi2Audi
    Just wondering if there is a way to track data transfer on the 7135 as I am billed by the megabyte by my service provider.
    I think you're out of luck. I'm not positive but I don't think MC even tracks the minutes for 1xRTT as data. It does pick up QNC calls as data. Look at your call history. My EN calls show as regular voice calls (odd phone number -- displays only 4 digits).

I don't know of any hacks that count bytes in the OS. Other than that you would need the apps to do it. For example Xino shows bytes downloaded.

Someone asked what plan and mentioned they were on MOU: VZW does (did?) have EN by the megabyte. Audi2Audi said "my service provider" -- could be referring to the ISP being dialed into.

-Quick

if I go into my history it doesn't show it at all. not as a data or voice. as if i didn't even make the call. your prob right, seeing that I doubt there is anything that can track 1X usage since my history cant even track it

Hey guys, sorry about my dealy in response I have been busy with school and work this past week.

To answer your question, my service provider here in Ontario is Bell Mobility. They charge 1XRTT data usage based on megabytes downloaded. I have attached a chart from their website (www.bell.ca) indicating the various plans available. This should illustrate what I mean when I say I need to be able to track megabytes of 1XRTT download for billing purposes.

Thank you all for your responses, Audi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tracking 1xRTT data usage?-1xrtt.jpg