+ Reply to Thread
    Bit pusher

Daylight savings time not updated

My 7135 won't update it's time for Daylight Savings Time. My wife's phone has the right time and we're both with Verizon. I've gone to Prefs PDA, Date and Time and tried every combination multiple times but nothing will get my phone to give me the right time. Any suggestions??

paul

Turn your phone off, then on again.

The time will reset on the VZW network.
    BG7669

Bit pusher
    Found one answer, I had to cycle power to the phone. It still displayed the wrong time for about 3 seconds but then went to the right time.

paul

Mine had changed to the correct time when I looked at it this morning, I'm glad to say. I also have VW.
    "One good word is worth a thousand
    pictures."

damn, there's just not enough time jonn doe's Avatar
    i had a Fatal Error / Reset on my phone this morning so i couldn't tell.
    Gets better every day...... the phone that is.
    *He who lives with the most toys, wins!*
    [and if you are not winning.... alcohol helps]

Alltel

Worked fine with Alltel, no problems whatsoever.

The phone should retrieve the correct time from the network (at least when in a digital service area,
    not sure if this feature also works in analog mode).

If it doesn't do this I suggest you have an incorrect setting. For one, make sure you haven't checked
    the box "Manual Time Set" under "PDA Preferences", "Date and Time".
    -Data Rox

Bit pusher
    Please believe me, I normally leave all three checkboxes unchecked and I tried every setting and nothing worked until I cycled power.

I don't believe that the phone retrieves time from the network except during power on and sometimes when going from manual to automatic time setting, at least mine doesn't and apparently others, but I agree it should.

Obviously the CDMA portion of the phone is synched with the network or nothing would work. However I've noticed that the time displayed when you're in phone mode is the same time the PDA is aware of however this drifts relative to GPS time. You probably wouldn't notice this unless you display the phone's time including seconds and compare this to a clock slaved to GPS time. I've done this several times and the phone definitely drifts.

I've noticed that this will get corrected/updated once when going from the manual to the automatic setting, but then the drift starts over again.

paul

What's daylight savings time?

Originally posted by paulj1x
    I don't believe that the phone retrieves time from the network except during power on and sometimes when going from manual to automatic time setting, at least mine doesn't and apparently others, but I agree it should.
    I believe the clock is updated when the phone registers with the network. This happens when you turn it on and (fuzzy on this part) whenever you change cells?

-Quick

Daylight Savings time

Mine worked also

I think it has something to do with the VZW towers. I did the power-on, soft reset routine around 8AM and it insisted on keeping DST. I even manually adjusted and then switched to automatic. It returned to DST. After a couple of hours it switched on its own.

As I recall, it required no intervention when it moved ahead in the Spring.

I was up last night at 2:00 a.m. and noticed that my digital cable box changed back to 1:00 a.m. right away. I looked at my 7135 and the time hadn't changed. When I went to bed 90 minutes later, still no change. When I woke up this morning, it was changed. I didn't do anything... except wait
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

My clock updated fine, but I still had to do a soft reset. I had no signal until I reset. This happens from time to time.
    Larry
    XV6900/Treo700w/Samsung I600/Kyo7135

Originally posted by Robert K.
    I was up last night at 2:00 a.m. and noticed that my digital cable box changed back to 1:00 a.m. right away. I looked at my 7135 and the time hadn't changed. When I went to bed 90 minutes later, still no change. When I woke up this morning, it was changed. I didn't do anything... except wait
    I was out of town over the weekend time change (in New York). I had a similar experience. It took a while for the time change to register, but eventually it did it all automatically.
    Dave

Mine updated when I shut the phone side off and then turned it back on.
    Michael