+ Reply to Thread

Native PDF Reader

Now that Doc To Go supports Word and Excell in native format, and I have my handy dandy 512 MB SD card filled with my files, all I need is something to read my PDF files in native format. Has anyone seen anything like this yet? DataViz say they are considering it but I didnt get any real commitment. Anyone else hear of a reader that does not require a pdf file to be converted to a pdb?

yeeeeopa!
    adobe has a pdf reader for palm.

I downloaded Acrobat for Palm, but I'm not crazy about it. I loaded two maps in PDF, but when I zoomed in on them, the image was changed from color to grayscale, which sort of defeated the purpose.
    "One good word is worth a thousand
    pictures."

Originally posted by gredneck
    adobe has a pdf reader for palm.
    I can only find the Adobe Reader that requires you to drag a file into the Adobe conversion software running on your desktop. I am looking for a reader that will view native PDF files. I carry my cruzer and a few SD cards that essentially are my hard drive. I can read all my Word and Excell files directly from the SD card using Doc's To Go V6.0 as opposed to synching everytime with the DTG software on my desktop. It works great whenyou travel. All I need is Dataviz to support native PDF or someone else to try.

Larry
    XV6900/Treo700w/Samsung I600/Kyo7135

I'm not aware of any software offering native PDF support. They all require a sync conversion to my knowledge. If anyone knows of a native PDF document reader, please pass that info on!!!

Originally posted by X026092
    Here's the link for acrobat 3.05

http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...full&x=48&y=10
    Thanks, again this requires a desktop translation to a pdb file before you can read it on the palm. Still searchin however....

Boinker, I'm not sure I understand. I put two maps, in PDF format, on the phone, and they are still showing up as .pdf. Do you mean that even so, they are no longer in PDF format?
    "One good word is worth a thousand
    pictures."

How did you put them on the palm and how can you tell they are still pdf as opposed to pdb?

I used my USB Cruzer to put a PDF file on a SD card and have been trying to find a way to read them. If I use Docs to Go to synch the file I can read it fine bc DTG converts the file from its native format. I would like to be traveling with my cruzer, pop it into someone elses computer via USB and copy a PDF file to the SD card. Then I want to read it on my palm even thought the other persones computer doesnt have palm or anything like it on.