+ Reply to Thread

Custom Field Mappings for phone use.

I want to use the Palms additional custom fileds for phone numbers; how do I set up for those fields to be used to dial from when in the phone? It would seem that only the five palm phone fields are available for this; is there a work around?

have you tried SuperNames?

SuperNames, from StandAlone Software (http://www.standalone.com/palmos/super_names/) may be what you're looking for. It allows you to create additional, cutom telephone fields but to be honest, I cannot remember whether you can use them to dial or not. But it's worth a look.

Also try TakePhone (www.shsh.com). If it doesn't allow you to dial from custom fields now -- and as I think about it, I think it does -- the developer probably is adding that feature to the next release even as we speak. He is a frequent participant in this forum and answers all questions posed to him.

Re: have you tried SuperNames?

Originally posted by William
    Also try TakePhone (www.shsh.com). If it doesn't allow you to dial from custom fields now -- and as I think about it, I think it does -- the developer probably is adding that feature to the next release even as we speak. He is a frequent participant in this forum and answers all questions posed to him.
    Hi,

yes - you can dial the custom fields - make sure you check the "Treat custom fields as phones" option under the "Display & Formats" preferences tab.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"