+ Reply to Thread

Charged for MOU with Express Network?

I've been only using my 7135 for a few weeks now and was wondering about charges for the Express Network on Verizon. I've been accessing the web without a Express Network plan (I have the America Choice Plan). I've read on this board that there have been warnings from Verizon that they may audit some accounts , and charge people who are abusing the Express Network MOU. Has anyone actually been "caught" and billed for their data usage?

thanks,
    -Jeff

Nothing to be "caught" doing. My plan clearly states on both my contract, which I signed, as well as my plan description on VZW's internet site...
    -----
    Active Additional Services:
    3-Party-Conference - Call Forward Busy - Call Forwarding - Call Forward No Answer - Call Waiting - Call
    Delivery - Basic Voice Mail - CDMA Digital W/Txt Msg - CallerID - New Every Two - Summary Billing -
    Express Network - Unlim Group Natl Mtm Prim
    -----

Notice the last line. This was a standard plan. I did not ask for anything special and am not paying for anything special here. I just received my 3 bill and no charges, as to be expected since my contract says it is included.

Has this subject been beat to death yet! Geez!
    Michael

Originally posted by MHampton

Michael
    True but several of us have heard these threats, though vain, from VZW. The question is therefore appropriate.

That might be true for you but you can not use the 1X network here in ohio without a data plan

Originally posted by MHampton
    Notice the last line. This was a standard plan. I did not ask for anything special and am not paying for anything special here. I just received my 3 bill and no charges, as to be expected since my contract says it is included.
    Michael
    My plan does not explicitly state I have Express Network. I have the AC800 plan and my EN usage comes out of those minutes. I have recently been on the receiving end of one of VZW's "threats". That can be read about in my last posting of the following thread:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=8691

In my opinion, user atdbuzr's concern is valid. I still have not added Wireless Sync and reduced my AC plan, but I am seriously considering doing so.
    Michael

Plan

I use the web services in Cleveland without the Express. My customer service Tech told me I did not need it so he took it off. I have been billed anything more. It was done at the North Olmsted store.

Plan

I use the web services in Cleveland without the Express. My customer service Tech told me I did not need it so he took it off. I have been billed anything more. It was done at the North Olmsted store.

Re: Plan

Originally posted by esmass
    Web services are nice but try downloading an arial photo of the lake/river/island, mountain, etc., where ever you happen to be at the time. For this to be practical you need to use 1X services, about 5-10 times as fast of data transfer compared to "web services".

I've been using the WebPro browser and MapQuest to do just that. Seems to work very well with the caveat that clicking on the photo to zoom doesn't zoom the clicked region, it zooms to the upper left corner no matter where you click. Zooming with the zoom toolbar works fine.
    -Data Rox

Originally posted by appliancemedic
    That might be true for you but you can not use the 1X network here in ohio without a data plan
    Not true. I've been using my 7135 all over Ohio and PA since June with verizon and Express Network/America's Choice minutes. Data calls just show up on the bill as minutes to 777-000-0000 (IIRC).

Catsoup
    you were right and I was worng. I just call 611 and told them that the 1X would not work she look at my account and said you are right they forgot to put the code back in your account to make it work. She change it and now it works she did said that it would come off my minutes.

Thanks A LOT