+ Reply to Thread

JackFlash/JackSprat

First of all, a big THANK YOU to all the current and past Washington, DC area "Kyo Krazies" who helped me get my phone back in working order: alanb, dwdod and marctronixx. Please a special "thank you" to Beryl, who lead me to the root cause of the problem as she was diagnosing another problem she noticed with her 7135.

Now that I am back up and running reliably, with just about all my Palm software working fine, I am about to start erasing stuff I don't need and moving stuff into ROM. There was an old tread, lost in the "Great Crash of 2003" about what software you can and cannot put into ROM (and what you can and cannot remove from ROM) but it is obviously gone. So my questions are simple:

1. What software can you safely remove from ROM and not adversely affect the operations and stability of the 7135?
    I am not really asking what I should remove but what others have tried to remove and encountered problems.

2. What software operates with full functionality when in ROM?
    For example, I have heard that SnapperMail loses some functionality but evidently both Bebopper and TakePhone run fine from ROM.

What has been your experience?

Jackflash/Jacksprat experience

William, check my post near the bottom of this thread for some of the answers for which you are looking.

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...prat#post70363

I also suggest reading the user manuals that come with JackSprat and JackFlash. Mr. Brayer has been very careful in testing which apps he makes available through JackSprat. He specifically mentions caution in removing Applications from ROM.

A search of Jackflash and Jacksprat turns up a few other posts that you might find helpful.

Regards, Bill
    bcottun

Are the Jacks - Sprat and Flash one program or two?

Can someone tell me where I can find Jack. I tried the usual palm sites and can't seem to find 'em.

Two programs

JackSprat and JackFlash are two different programs. You can find out more about them at: http://www.brayder.com/products/

Thank you.