+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A New Version???

I just returned from my local VZW store. I had to replace my 7135 because it died(literally) While the CSR was switching things around he told me that my new phone was a 7135i model and that it conatined new software and some new HARDWARE to fix all of the recurring problems that folks have been having.
    The only physical difference that I can see is that the nub of attena sticking up from the phone is larger, it is bigger as well as taller. The box looks the same except on the top where the esn and serial number is located, under the model number is states: KWC7135I-B

It has the 29/44 software..
    Will let you know if I find anything else different,

Tom
    To most people, the sky is the limit.
    To those who love flight, the sky is home

Interesting.... first I heard of that.
    Michael

I had heard there was a different rev being released recently. Check the keypad buttons. I recall that posted mentioning that the buttons were slightly more raised in the new one. I guess were going to have to start refering to them as the 7135, 7135-A, 7135-B....
    mg

Re: A New Version???

Originally posted by scout706
    I just returned from my local VZW store. I had to replace my 7135 because it died(literally) While the CSR was switching things around he told me that my new phone was a 7135i model and that it conatined new software and some new HARDWARE to fix all of the recurring problems that folks have been having.
    The only physical difference that I can see is that the nub of attena sticking up from the phone is larger, it is bigger as well as taller. The box looks the same except on the top where the esn and serial number is located, under the model number is states: KWC7135I-B

Strange...you would have thought we would have heard some details about this here...hmmmmm.
    Dave

Administrator
    7135i? please... its just the same phone with newer firmware...

Re: A New Version???

Originally posted by scout706

Tom
    I don't know about the hardware changes but scout706 is actually the second person to report a different phone with a larger antenna. Check out Evan's first post in the following thread:

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...hlight=antenna

Hi William.

Yes, did not think much of it but my new phone is a 7135i. More acurate, the model is a KWC7135I-B

Physical differences I noted:

It has the larger antenna (I kept my original stubby one as I did not like the new one and did not see much difference in signal strength.)

The finish is SLIGHTLY flatter in texture.

As others had seen, I did not see a difference in the button height.

My phone was manufactured mid August.

Contrast bug acts different then it did on my original phone. Both had 29/44 software.
    Evan

Just purchased the phone two weeks ago and it also shows the KWC7135I-B. Never saw one in person before this so can't compare.

Of all the posts I've read I wonder if this version has any increased battery life. Seems to be a major complaint in the archives but compared to my old LG TM510 the battery lasts almost twice as long. I charge it once a night, but often after a full 12 hours off the charger I sometimes still have a full four bars on battery. Granted I use it as a pda first and phone second, it still surprised me.

Evan, you mentioned the manufacture date, is that on the sticker in the battery compartment or on the box? I can't find it over here.

My original 7135 died a few weeks ago after about 10 months of use. I swapped it with a new one at the Verizon store and the antenna is tip is much taller. I just removed the battery to look, and it does say 7135I-B on the sticker.
    I haven't noticed any remarkable difference, although it does seem more stable (have had only 1 required soft reset in 3 weeks, instead of several per week on my old phone). But I never upgraded my firmware on the old phone, and it was one of the originals from GetConnected.com back in January. I do notice that the keys are more responsive, but this may just be a firmware fix. The keys don't seem to be raised any more than the original, although I don't have the original anymore.

Devilish2003:

If you look inside where the battery goes you will see a code that includes a sequence of numbers resembing a date. Mine is: V-801803-A1 My original phone was something like 061503

kada:

Regarding the buttons, I had seen someone else mention it ands when I looked, it seemed as though they were ever so slightly raised. I think it might be more like a fresh phone whos buttons had not been pressed much. Still fresh and firm. That might be different not that I have used it. (My up button use to be stiff on the new phone but is smooth now.)
    Evan

Originally posted by marctronixx
    7135i? please... its just the same phone with newer firmware...
    Well, from the reports here, it seems the newer phones do have a different (larger) antenna.
    Dave

I've had my phone replaced as well about 3 weeks ago (dropped the old one and cracked the LCD) and noticed that it had the newer firmware, Graf 2, etc. Told the CSR to swap the new antenna (too big) with my old one. The buttons are more responsive and the phone is generally more stable. No complaints or problems so far.
    Understanding is the comprehension of knowledge; wisdom is the application of knowledge.

THE ONLY THING THAT SHOULD BE DIFFERENT IS THE ANTENNA HERE IS A COPY OF THE PARTS LIST FOR THE 7135 LOOK AT ITEM 4

PARTS DETAIL:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A New Version???-parts-detail.jpg  

PARTS LIST:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A New Version???-parts-list.jpg  

NOTE THE DATE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PARTS DETAIL PAGE

ANTENNA

WHAT ARE THE SIZE DIFFERENCES? MINE IS STICKS OUT ABOUT 5/8" BUILT ON 6/11/03. IS THIS THE LONG ONE OR THE SHORT ONE?

Don't know if I agree that the antenna is the only difference... Look at the ASC levels.. Since they are numbered 1.0 2.0 and 3.0 it would make since that there have been 3 levels of modification to any part listed with 3.0. Would you agree?

Bear

3 LEVELS OF (ASC) AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTERS

I GUESS I SHOULDN'T HAVE CUT OFF THE BOTTOM OF THE PARTS LIST WHERE THE NOTES ARE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A New Version???-untitled.jpg  

I have the same model

I ordered my phone through Verizon's website at the end of September, and the model number is 7135i-b. I haven't had to do any hard resets yet (keeping my fingers crossed) nor have I experienced many of the problems/quirks encountered by a lot of SPS posters.
    Sue

*It's not just a phone, it's an adventure.

To add my two cents…
    I also had to get my phone replaced. I got the new one and the tech and I was amazed that the new firmware was already on the phone. I took it out the door and noticed the antenna was larger – not a big deal. Then I started using the phone and saw that it was more stable – very big deal!!!
    I was just waiting until the subject came up here on SPS; I knew it would!!!

~V