+ Reply to Thread

J2ME apps on 7135?

I am tasked with developing a J2ME app for the web company I work for, and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to run a J2ME app on the 7135. I don't want to have to get another phone for testing...

There is supposed to be java VM for palm handheld
    A quick serche on the web should yield results.

From Sun web site : http://java.sun.com/products/midp/

Thanks! I'll start there...

Try SuperWaba

I've never used it but I know it comes highly recommended by some: http://www.superwaba.com.br/vm.asp

Keep us posted

Hey dbroome, keep us posted on how things work out with the J2ME. I wouldn't mind fiddling with some app writing for my 7135, but I have been doing Java development for long enough now that I am not really eager to jump back in to C. I would like to know what you go with in the end (Sun, SUperWaba, etc) and if you run into any major setbacks.

Thanks.

So far, I have the app running under the J2ME emulator, but when I try to run it under the MIDP for Palm on the 7135, it tries to start and then kicks me back out to the launcher. I'm sure it is something I am doing wrong, and was waiting till the guys from Sprint got me a test phone to make sure it works there before moving on to making it work on the 7135. I'll try to keep everyone posted...