+ Reply to Thread

Verizon update in PA/NJ ?

anyone able to find a place in southern/central NJ or southeastern PA that can successfully do an update of the firmware (or have offered to swap out the phone with the new stuff) yet? i've seen some people that said that they'd scope stuff out, but have yet to post any specific location. any help is appreciated!

thanks

I upgraded a while ago in Mt. Laurel NJ (08054). I dropped the phone off before lunch. they told me it would take about 45 minutes. I told them I would come back after lunch and they called me when it was ready, before I finished lunch.

I did mine myself.

Drew

Old Bridge, NJ
    The one who dies with the most toys WINS :-)

tabutler,

Did you notice any inprovements in stability? I've been having increasing instability problems with the phone side of my 7135. Just last night I couldn't receive calls (but could call out); this was solved with a soft reset. It crashed twice earlier in the day.:anger. the phone has been stable as a rock for the last two months-up until about two weeks ago. Mind you no new programs have been installed on the phone since august. I've about had it with another product that acts like my windows pcs. That's why I switched to Mac and Linux. Thanks for any info.

Cheers,

Dennis
    "plus ca change, plus c’est la meme chose"

Originally posted by E Double
    tabutler,

Did you notice any inprovements in stability?
    It seems that I get the contrast issue less often now. I was not having many stability issues with my phone before the upgrade (other than Avant Go which I dumped)

I had occasionally gotten fatal errors before the upgrade (maybe 1-2 month) and i can't specifically recall any since.

However, I don't use any hacks, launchers and mostly use the software that came with the phone.

PM me if you have any specific questions

Got mine blasted in Scranton, Pa last week. Had to drop it off cause it took over an hour to update. Since then not one single Fatal Exception. I'm running FastCPU, Blazer, Big Clock, Bebopper and a few others. G2 sucks but i'll live with it for the new stability......

did u try 17th & Market? I dash over on my lunch hour if i have a problem (i'm @ the Inky - an easy walk.) they replaced my phone without even looking up. They may have the necessary machinery to upgrade you. I'm an 'if it ain't broke...' kinda gal. Soon as it breaks, though, i'm taking a long lunch for an upgrade. Remember to check your memory if you are having problems. i seem to need about one third free to run clean.

I upgraded my phone and they told me I needed a replacement from Kyo as the phone side had problems.

Lived with the upgrade for a few days before the new phone came.

The new graffitti is REALLY hard to get used to and severly slowed me down and frustrated me.

Happy to see the replaced phone had the old graffitti version on it.

I will not upgrade again unless there is no other option.