+ Reply to Thread

anyone got dual NAM w/ Verizon working?

Currently, I have to carry two phones around - my 7135 (personal) and T720 (business). Needless to say, I find that a royal pain in the rear.

The problem is that I did actually try to get dual NAMs working on my T720 last year -- I started up another phone plan and got a 2nd phone number from Verizon, and had them both programmed into the phone. It failed miserably -- every 2-3 days, the phone would get kicked off the network with one of the two NAMs and it would cease letting me make any outgoing calls, claiming that I was using a cloned phone. Verizon tech support eventually figured out that the network itself just didn't like the idea of multiple NAMs being associated with one ESN, period.

I eventually got so frustrated that I bought a 7135 for myself. I love the phone, just not the fact that I have to carry it around with my current T720.

I've read that the 7135 is now dual-NAM capable -- does that mean that I should try again? Or should I actually take advantage of the new number portability rules and actually open up another cell phone account with another carrier entirely for my business line?

Re: anyone got dual NAM w/ Verizon working?

Originally posted by efoo
    Currently, I have to carry two phones around - my 7135 (personal) and T720 (business). Needless to say, I find that a royal pain in the rear.

The problem is that I did actually try to get dual NAMs working on my T720 last year -- I started up another phone plan and got a 2nd phone number from Verizon, and had them both programmed into the phone. It failed miserably -- every 2-3 days, the phone would get kicked off the network with one of the two NAMs and it would cease letting me make any outgoing calls, claiming that I was using a cloned phone. Verizon tech support eventually figured out that the network itself just didn't like the idea of multiple NAMs being associated with one ESN, period.

I eventually got so frustrated that I bought a 7135 for myself. I love the phone, just not the fact that I have to carry it around with my current T720.

I've read that the 7135 is now dual-NAM capable -- does that mean that I should try again? Or should I actually take advantage of the new number portability rules and actually open up another cell phone account with another carrier entirely for my business line?
    You might ask tech support if things have changed. If its the netork that is occassionally auditing and taking action when finding a single ESN being used for 2 different numbers then doing the same thing with a different phone won't make a difference.

Since VZW does have a 7135 config download (I've heard this from my business rep) enabling dual nams then maybe they have changed their fraud process in the network?

If not, then having the 2 numbers on 2 different carriers should work (unless one roams on the other and the fraud detection doesn't distinguish one number from another thats not their's.

-Quick