+ Reply to Thread

HELP: Getting mp3s on my phone

I have searched 4 almost 2 hours trying to find out if anyone has talked about this.

how can I get Mp3's on my phone.

I can get 1 or 2. Then the MP3 Desktop software can't do it anymore. It just stops with some error message. I've tried it at work and at home - so it's not the computer.

Does anyone have any other ideas of how to sync Mp3s onto my phone. Is there a better syncing music software out there. Please help. I walk to work and I would love to eliminate a wire.

dennis_galloway@hotmail.com
    Denn

pzc
    Get an external SD reader/writer. Use USB 2 if at all possible. Your problems will go away.

Originally posted by pzc
    Get an external SD reader/writer. Use USB 2 if at all possible. Your problems will go away.

I totally agree... If you try to use the Kyo software it will take forever. When transferring the data with the SD reader/writer make sure you put in the "/audio" directory.
    Larry
    XV6900/Treo700w/Samsung I600/Kyo7135

thanks

I'm going to look into a reader today.

Do I need to transfer them a certain way or in a certain folder?

Does the reader also work for videos and pics?

d
    Denn

Re: thanks

Originally posted by dennis_galloway
    I'm going to look into a reader today.
    Do I need to transfer them a certain way or in a certain folder?
    If you use the built-in MP3 player, you have to put all MP3s into a folder called "Audio" under the root directory of the card. No other folders will work.

If you use Bebopper, you can use the "Audio" directory mentioned above, plus subdirectories under it.

Does the reader also work for videos and pics?
    d
    Yes, but each different program you use might be expecting a different directory on the card. Read the software documentation for the programs you are using to find out.
    Michael

pzc
    The reader simply makes the card look like another disk drive so all copy/move/delete operations work just like with any other disk and file.