+ Reply to Thread

Help Synchronizing Contacts

Hello-
    I use Chapura (PocketMirror) for my Windows app to synchronize between my Kyocera and Outlook 2002 contacts (amont other things).

Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to do this:
    I want to keep all of my contacts in Outlook, but only sync some of the entries with my phone? I dont' want every contact entery in Outlook to go on my phone, but I do want updates that are made on my phone to entries to be synched correctly with Outlook.

does this make sense?
    any ideas?
    Brad

How about creating a new sub-folder in your Outlook Contact Folder containing JUST the contacts you want to synchronize, then mapping PocketMirror to that folder?

Then, simply set the default action for your Palm Address Book to "handheld overwrites desktop"....

HTH

Well, except that I want changes made in either the phone or Outlook to be captured. But, having a sub directory makes email a little phone (outlook 2002 seems to only want to auto-recognize names stored in the root Contacts folder).

any other ideas? (BTW, your subfolder idea is what I started to do before writing the group).

Not free, but I believe the Pro version and also Intellisync let you handle things like this. I use Intellisync because I wanted more control and also wanted to sync with home and work PCs.