+ Reply to Thread
    pzc

Auto-selecting connection type in Snapper

I have two email accounts configured in Snapper. One uses a network connection the other uses a dialup connection. How do I setup Snapper so each account automatically selects the appropriate connection when I’m checking email?

Thanks!

I don't think that is possible. The network connection used is not determined by SnapperMail, it is determined by the Network preferences settings in the PalmOS. All programs that need network access use those settings, and hence, only get one choice at a time.
    Michael

pzc
    Thanks Michael. So how about this Snapper question. I'm playing with DiddleBug (supplied with Snapper) and trying to attach an image from it to an e-mail in Snapper. But when I do Send from DiddleBug then 7135 freezes. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, I don't use DiddleBug. So, for that one, I'm not sure. Tried asking on the SnapperMail YahooGroup ?? How about Emailing "support@snappermail.com" and asking them directly ??
    Michael

pzc
    Originally posted by Michael Rye
    ... All programs that need network access use those settings, and hence, only get one choice at a time.
    Not quite true. For example WebPro allows you to select a default Network connection and then uses it regardless of what is currently selected in the Prefs PDA > Network.

Looks like Snapper does not allow to identify a connection per account but instead defaults to the one currently selected in the Prefs PDA > Network.

I will raise this on the Snapper forum.

pzc
    Originally posted by pzc
    Thanks Michael. So how about this Snapper question. I'm playing with DiddleBug (supplied with Snapper) and trying to attach an image from it to an e-mail in Snapper. But when I do Send from DiddleBug then 7135 freezes. Any ideas?
    OK, I figured it out. Simply install the SysZLib-m68k.prc file from the DiddleBug distribution folder. It works great - instant attachment of hand scribbles to email.:angel2

Originally posted by pzc
    OK, I figured it out. Simply install the SysZLib-m68k.prc file from the DiddleBug distribution folder. It works great - instant attachment of hand scribbles to email.:angel2
    Hey, glad you got it figured out!
    Michael