+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Contrast bug ?

Contrast bug ?

Hi,

I have a strange bug on my Kyocera 7135: I set the contrast of the screen, close the flip and re-open it, the setting has been changed ! (and I have to set it again...) Do you have any idea ?
    Regards,

Yves MARTIN
    ymartin@mail.com
    www.PointCA.com

it has been around since the beginning of the 7135 and never been addressed by Kyocera......

Originally posted by oxbrother
    it has been around since the beginning of the 7135 and never been addressed by Kyocera......
    How can I get my 7135 to exhibit this behavior? My contrast has always stayed put.
    I've tried setting the contrast to different levels, closing the flip and re-opening and
    the contrast always maintains the proper (new) setting.

What am I doing wrong?
    -Data Rox

Um... are you for reals? Why would you want that bug?

My first 7135 had that something awful, my my replacement 7135 (due to other issues) with newer firmware has never had contrast problems.

But from time to time the brightness wanders.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Originally posted by Markito
    My first 7135 had that something awful, my my replacement 7135 (due to other issues) with newer firmware has never had contrast problems.

But from time to time the brightness wanders.
    Did I miss something, or did you never mention on here that you had your original 7135 replaced? (or maybe I knew it and then forgot it? I've got a pretty good memory though )

My brightness drops down to almost the lowest settings sometimes after an involuntary soft reset... but not very often.
    Please visit my picture site: Robert-O-Rama :)

It's not so much that I WANT the bug, it's just that I thought they ALL had them after Oxbrother said the bug has been around since the beginning of the 7135 and had never been addressed by Kyocera.

I see now that they have taken care of the bug on later models but not the original models.
    -Data Rox

well it is a bug so it does act buggy hence the reason some people have it and some do not.

You did not ! World change, my mind not... but I have to say that this phone is a good phone... (after tryed lot of other phones...)

The fact is, I don't approuve the paranoiac mind of Kyocera... but I don't want to rewrite the story !... If you get a look to my web site, he never change since the last time

Regards,

Yves MARTIN
    www.PointCA.com

PS: The paradox is, now I'm partner with Kyocera Mita !!! (the printers )

Originally posted by Robert K.
    Did I miss something, or did you never mention on here that you had your original 7135 replaced? (or maybe I knew it and then forgot it? I've got a pretty good memory though )

My brightness drops down to almost the lowest settings sometimes after an involuntary soft reset... but not very often.
    Regards,

Yves MARTIN
    ymartin@mail.com
    www.PointCA.com

I have the contrast on my 7135 set under the "t" in the word "Adjust". It looks good there, and stays put without any problem.
    Michael

Originally posted by Robert K.
    Nope, you didn't miss anything. I just didn't have the energy to post my replacement until now...

http://ww2.e-places.net/~admin23/vbu...&threadid=8876
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Here is a program that will fix the cotrast bug...

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...F&prodID=53384

it's free, but he asks for a 2 dollar donation.... Well worth it!
    I have nothing else to say...

Originally posted by bassment42

it's free, but he asks for a 2 dollar donation.... Well worth it!
    'Cept it doesn't always work...At least if you have another app active. Anyway, I hope that can be overcome...then it will be perfect. But I paid for it even with that shortcoming.
    Billman
    Colorado

Did I say that, or just think it?

You are right!!! I just noticed that it would jump back to the bad contrast even with the contrast fix running.
    Bummer, I was hoping this would fix it.
    I have nothing else to say...

I have found that there are some contrast values that seem to be "stable". On my phone it seems that the values 123 and 140 are two of those. For my personal preferences, 123 and 140 are pretty much on the ends of what I find visually pleasing (I always leave my brightness full on). Actually 140 is a bit too dark for the tab colors I've selected for Launch 'Em. I think 130 would be ideal but, alas, it won't stick.

At the very least, CBF allows me to specify those values exactly instead of dinking around with the slider trying to find the position that stays. More than worth $2 to me just for that and I think it a fine investment simply to encourage development like this, Energy Saver, etc.

Just wanted to say thanks for contributing,
    -Quick