+ Reply to Thread
    pzc

Soft Reset w/o Digitizing

For some strange reason when I soft reset the phone it no longer goes into the digitizer mode but just runs. Am I missing something here?

when the digitizer screen comes up the is a box at the bottom that says "do not show this again" if it is checked you won't see it after a soft reset.

pzc
    Thanks PNYPWR76. I’ve been using Palm devices for the last three years or so and never noticed this. This is actually very convenient because now with Crash, Paper Clip and X-Master utilities I no longer need to tap anything after a reset. I love it! Always learning something new on SmartphoneSource. :angel2

The only question is what do I loose by NOT digitizing during resets? Should I be concerned about this? Should I force digitizing from time to time using Welcome?

Originally posted by pzc
    Thanks PNYPWR76. I’ve been using Palm devices for the last three years or so and never noticed this. This is actually very convenient because now with Crash, Paper Clip and X-Master utilities I no longer need to tap anything after a reset. I love it! Always learning something new on SmartphoneSource. :angel2

The only question is what do I loose by NOT digitizing during resets? Should I be concerned about this? Should I force digitizing from time to time using Welcome?
    Just re-digitize if you seem to be missing items you try to tap on, or start having graffiti recognition problems. I went 2.5 years without ever needing to run the digitizer on my PalmIIIc. I have only run it on my 7135 after a hard reset (which have only been intentinal).

Alan

I wouldn't be concerned about it. if you want to use the digitizer at any time go into PDA pref's and use the dropdown menu and select dizitizer then you don't have to worry about forgeting to click the "don't show this again" icon in the bottom right. if you forget to click it it will show up again after a reset

pzc
    Thanks. One less thing to worry about

Originally posted by PNYPWR76
    when the digitizer screen comes up the is a box at the bottom that says "do not show this again" if it is checked you won't see it after a soft reset.
    Wow, I love this forum! I've been a Palm user since Palms first came out and I NEVER knew you could bypass the digitizer routine this way. I must have missed a bunch of phone calls after crashes, since the phone side wouldn't start working until the reset startup cycle completed. Now (using "Crash") I don't have to worry about this anymore!

Mark

I've had several Palm PDAs and had the 7135 for about a month now. I didn't realize that you could pass up the digitizing screen until reading this thread. I have found out more about the 7135 here than they could have printed in a phone book sized manual. Thanks to all all.