+ Reply to Thread

functioning web browser

Our company uses Novell's Groupwise for email. We have remote web access capabilities and I have been able to review my mail from any desktop machine.
    I have been using the Eudora web browser on the phone to access my office email, however, I can only see the "to", "from", "Subject" but not the body text of each email message. From the information I have received via my outsource tech guys the browser must support WAP, CSS and either WML or HDML. Are there any browsers out there that will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated

On our WebMail server, you access WAP by connecting to a non-strandard port. Port 80 is the normal HTTP port, but you connect to port 8080 for WAP. To specify the port you add a full colon then the port to the end of the URL:

http://mail.yourdomain.com:8080

The OpenWave browser included with your 7135 works fine for WAP use. That is probably the "fastest" way to read the mail online.

See if they will support POP3. My boss uses Eudora e-mail to POP off his messages and read them offline. He likes it - I use the WAP interface.

Also, I just installed the WebPro browser the other day, from my tests it works a lot better than the included EIS browser.

Dennis

Re: functioning web browser

Originally posted by rjb61
    Our company uses Novell's Groupwise for email. We have remote web access capabilities and I have been able to review my mail from any desktop machine.
    I have been using the Eudora web browser on the phone to access my office email, however, I can only see the "to", "from", "Subject" but not the body text of each email message. From the information I have received via my outsource tech guys the browser must support WAP, CSS and either WML or HDML. Are there any browsers out there that will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Blazer works correctly on most WAP sites.

Alan