+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    09-16-2003
    Posts
    15

    Voicemail "check" button gone after firmware upgrade

    Hi,
    Previously with Verizon service, when a voice message came in, I got the "Reminder" screen that said "1 new voice mail message". Below that were three buttons:
    "Ok",
    "Snooze" and
    "Go To"

    Hitting the "Go To" button brought me to the "Voice Mail Details" page where it re-iterated "You have 1 new message"
    At the bottom were three more buttons;
    "Done"
    "Check" and
    "Reset".

    Hitting the "Check" button would initiate the phone dialing my voicemail number.

    Since the firmware upgrade, the "Check" button is now gone...
    Anyone happen to know how to get it back?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    02-06-2003
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    189

    Green Button

    Just Hit the Green Phone Button and it will dial your voicemail for you.
    Mark
    ==========================
    Palm Personal > Palm V > Palm Vx > Clie 760 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 >Treo 650 > (Maybe i730??)

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    08-17-2002
    Posts
    444
    I never knew that. I guess you do learn something new everyday.

  4. #4
    Registered User Shea's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-03-2003
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    164
    I noticed the same problem.

    I'm also frustrated because you can't change the speed dial for the #1 position. Instead of *86, I had my phone number , password #. I read a while back that *86 was subtracted from my Verizon minutes, but dialing my own number was toll free because if was a Verizon number (it's essentially a Verizon to Verizon thing). The update won't let me change anything for this position.

  5. #5
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184
    Originally posted by Shea
    I noticed the same problem.

    I'm also frustrated because you can't change the speed dial for the #1 position. Instead of *86, I had my phone number , password #. I read a while back that *86 was subtracted from my Verizon minutes, but dialing my own number was toll free because if was a Verizon number (it's essentially a Verizon to Verizon thing). The update won't let me change anything for this position.
    You can change speed dial 1 by following the instructions in this FAQ: http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=7331

    Alan

  6. #6
    Reconverged harleyxlc's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-25-2003
    Posts
    2,721
    I also think they have made the *86 free...but don't quote me on that one!

  7. #7
    Registered User Shea's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-03-2003
    Location
    Springfield
    Posts
    164
    Originally posted by alanb
    You can change speed dial 1 by following the instructions in this FAQ: http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=7331

    Alan
    Alan,
    You're the MAN!!
    This is probably where I first knew to do this, but forgot since May when I first got the phone and changed it.

    Thanks a million [minutes]!

  8. #8
    just went from 7135 to 6315.
    Join Date
    09-30-2003
    Posts
    142

    Voicemail "check" button still on mine.

    I just had my phone rom flashed today to 1.0.44 and 1.0.29 and my check button is still there.

    Maybe there was a problem with the flash ?

  9. #9
    Techguru alanb's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-30-2002
    Location
    dc-baltimore megalopolis
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Voicemail "check" button still on mine.

    Originally posted by kirkk
    I just had my phone rom flashed today to 1.0.44 and 1.0.29 and my check button is still there.

    Maybe there was a problem with the flash ?
    A few other people have reported that the check button didn't disappear for them. I haven't figured out yet why it does this for some people and not others. I know for a fact that the same flash image was used on one of these peoples phones as on mine. It is probably some other setting on the phone, but I don't know which one.

    Alan

  10. #10
    pzc
    pzc is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    05-07-2003
    Posts
    177
    My check button is also gone after the upgrade but the Green Phone button solution works great so its not a big deal.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-27-2003
    Posts
    255
    My check button was still there after the upgrade.

  12. #12
    just went from 7135 to 6315.
    Join Date
    09-30-2003
    Posts
    142

    voicemail "check" button after flash

    Could it be a flash in between 1.0.23 / 1.0.36 and the new one?

    This is the first time i've ever had my phone flashed.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    04-05-2003
    Posts
    15
    Originally posted by Peter
    My check button was still there after the upgrade.
    Mine is still there also...
    Chip

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts