+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

7135 has faulty software according to verizon rep. response needed.

i have had my kyocera 7135 smartphone for a few months now. in the beginning, i loved it although it froze frequently. i then discovered that it was just like an desk/laptop computer. the software could not handle frequent usage and performed poorly on low battery. the phone would not sync with my laptop and i initially thought it was my fault. i didn't suspect that the software was faulty and never pursued transfering files to the kyocera computer desktop. one day, my phone froze and no matter what i pressed, nothing worked. it did this several times on a charged battery, not that a low battery should be such a big deal. i had to take out the battery and/or unplug the phone just like when a pc freezes. the phone would start setup processes all over again, erasing all previously inputed personal data. considering that i had only had the phone slightly less than two months at this point, i did not have a back up and so all was lost. even after erasing my data, the phone continued to shut down, the screen would go black with just a faint image hardly discernable in the background and no buttons could be pressed. it then stopped working completely and i had to take it back to verizon. the rep told me that the phones had software problems and that they could not be fixed. rather, they had to be replaced with brand new phones and the software had to be upgraded. there are a few noticable changes, including how the k, i, and t's are written with the stylus. two stroke letters are now used. also, my scientific calculator was not on the new phone. this was a major dissapointment(if anyone knows how i can get another, please email back). the new phone began freezing only four days after i got it. it has yet to erase though but luckily, it now syncs through the cradle, but not infa red. i find that this new phone does not function well on low battery and needs 2 or more bars to prevent restart. even when plugged into the car charger with 1 or less bars, the phone will drop calls and the screen will keep the last image, whatever that may be until you disconnect all power supplie. i was told that swapping the phone again would result in 1)the same mishaps, 2)kyocera is not recalling, 3)and the only option is to downgrade and lose money. if anyone has run into similar problems, please email me. i am a journalist and am looking for individuals to interview on this topic. success stories are also welcomed if you have had the pone for more than 3 months without problems.

I've had my phone for 11 months. No problems other than the contrast issue. The software is the same as what was originally delivered in Jan. I have not upgraded as I don't see any use for it. I'm sure I am not the only one as many others have posted here that their phones work fine.

I think you are one of the unlucky ones who keep getting lemons. Plus, you need to talk to a VZW rep that knows what they are talking about.

Good luck.

too many lemons means the apple tree is not an apple tree at all.

actually, the rep was instructed by her superiors to swap out bad 7135 phones for new ones. she was told that once the phones froze, they could not be fixed. there was a male rep swaping out another 7135 for a different customer at the same time. i have read over 100 complaints gathered from numerous websites and all from different users. if a car was sold and over 100 people took it back, would the company say to each that they had just got a lemon. if they replaced that vehicle with an upgraded one, would that also failed, would they say that both were lemons.
    if i just had a lemon then why do all the complaints have similar problems. a pda is very similar to a desktop or laptop pc. depending on usage, one might last longer than another. i have 2000 monthly minutes with verizon and that isn't always enough. i use all of my pda features on a daily basis. i have to charge my phone 2 x a day because of extended usage. how much do you use your phone? i would like to compare to understand why some work and others don't.

I've had mine for 6 months, and have had a few soft resets and one fatal exception, apparently caused by my switching the battery when the primary one died. (sounds like you should have a second battery - they're not expensive, and there are lots out there. My extra one is is 1200mah, and does indeed seem to last longer than the standard one)

I now run "CardBackup" (shareware - do a search), just in case.

I have no "hacks", per se, and use the phone and PDA alla time. I wouldn't want to live without this tool at this point - unbelievable useful.

Really sounds like you have just been unlucky, and then mishandled by Verizon.

Good luck.

my experience

Purchased two 7135's in March on VZW.
    1. My phone has been generally ok, a couple of resets every now then, but nothing too big. I run lots of apps, SD card, etc. in general I am a pretty hardcore user.

2. My dad's phone has been replaced 4 times by VZW. He is a "lite" user - no additional programs, just uses it the way it comes out of the box. In some cases phone freezes and cannot be restarted. On two of his phones the graffiti area did not work. Just one problem after another. Needless to say he is pretty much fed up with it.

I cannot explain the drastic difference in phone performance. Clearly there ARE issues with the 7135. VZW has offered to allow him to pick another phone and apply the purchase price of 7135 to the new phone. Overall the 7135 has been a big headache ( since I provide tech support for him).

The first phone my Boss had was problematic, they swapped it out for a new one (but still on older software since it has graffitti 1 on it) and it has been fine. He uses it quite a bit for the organizer. He did buy a Kyocera car cord and a spare battery because the life is pretty short VS a cell phone (or a PDA).

I have not had mine long enough to comment - the only lockup I had was due to surfing to some complex web pages

Did Verizon swap out just the phone or all the stuff? Maybe your car cord or 110v charger is defective? I would get another phone and get all new accessories to go with it.

What all do you have installed? Can you try using the new one just as it comes with nothing 3rd party installed and what happens? What are you doing when it hoses? Talking on the phone, PDA'ing, web surfing? Maybe you stay on the phone for a long time (either web or voice) - a lot longer than most of us and the phone is getting hot?

My phone is like your 2nd one - has graffitti 2 and I hate it. I have been using Palms for years and know the "wrong" way to make a t, y, etc and don't want to learn a new way

Dennis

thank you all for responding and doing so so quickly. i needed the feedback.

i haven't installed anything yet. i tried to download new ringer tones but couldn't find the card to insert. infact i have one les s item on the 2nd phone which is missingthe sci calculator. the chargers work fine. i know because days when i use it like a regular person would, the battery is fine. it is the days when i talk for an hour here and an hour there. true, my battery does get hot but i never had the problem with any other phone when it got hot. also, i never search the web.
    i guess it is like my acer tablet. when i use it too much, the computer blanks out but it does not erase all my memory and i don't have to restart it from scratch like i do with the 7135.
    for a $600 phone, kyocera should have been able to join a palm and a phone better to accomodate excessive users. if not then there should be a disclaimer.
    i believe the problem is that, like my acer tablet, the iterm was tested for usage with only one particular group. for acer, it was business people who didn't take alot of notes or surf the web alot or rotate their screens several times a day. maybe the 7135 was tested for pda users who rarely talk instead of pda users wo excessively talk.
    i interview people for articles using my 7135. that can be an hour or more. i also talk to casting agents and get auditions and other work in the entertainment industry with it. this too can take an hour or more each time. a phone like this is inteded for people on the go and not the average person on the go but the one who needs to be both on the phone and near their schedule at the same time. hence the ability to talk on speaker phone and simultaneously key in directions or notes.
    thank you all for responding and doing so so quickly. i needed the feedback.

I would get an SD card right off and download the free BackupBuddy prc. At least then you can back everything up and restore it quickly if you have a hard reset.

I would also try to get Verizon to give you another phone.

Dennis

The glass is half full.

Ananda, this issue has been addressed many times across several threads on Smartphonesource for the past year. A judicious use of the search engine will help you research this issue.

You will find several horror stories and an equal number of zealous advocates of the 7135.

There is no doubt that the 7135 as originally released had a tendency to be annoying. The contrast bug was almost universal and the battery life certainly could be better. That said, as released it was also a pretty stable platform.

One has to look at the two sides of the device. The phone side has been rock solid. While a few users have mentioned weak signal problems, that is really a carrier issue not a phone hardware or software issue. If one can get a decent signal the phone works well.

The other side is the Palm PDA platform. The interface between the phone and the PDA seems to be sensitive to hacks (small OS tweak applications and some Palm software not written for convergence devices.

The 7135 is certainly sensitive to hacks. As has been discussed on several threads, some hacks do cause device to become unstable. Same with some software. That said there are hundreds of hacks and thousands of software titles available for the Palm platform and all of them do not work well together on every Palm device.

There are a few applications being written specifically for the 7135 or convergence devices in general, but as most of these are first generation there are stability issues more specifically related to the application than the platform. As the products mature, the platform upon which they run becomes more stable.

To further complicate the instability issue, a hack or application on my 7135 may work correctly, while the same hack or application on your 7135 it may cause stability problems. This seems to be more related to the combination of hacks and software, not specifically related to a specific hack or app, although certain hacks seem to be more of a problem then others.

There are thousands of hacks and applications written for the Palm platform, but the vast majority were not written for a convergence device. Kyocera had to tweak the Palm 4.1 OS so it would allow the PDA side to work with the phone side (hence the 4.12 version) on the 7135. That tweaking is specific to this device and may be part of the stability issues.

IMHO, the major instigator of the majority of the problems expressed on this forum has been the users themselves. We are not your typical PDA or phone users. Like it or not, a very large percentage of us are driven to "optimize" the 7135 in ways no product developer could anticipate or support.

For very little money we can obtain software tools that allow us to peer into the software heart of the 7135, delete what we decide is "useless" and install what we will in its place.

I do not mean to imply that all users do this, nor that the device is rock solid until the evil end users "messes up" the software configuration, but as a group we do tend to be more "adventurous" in pushing the device functionality than do users of other devices.

On most other phones one can change a ring tone or add a game or some simple application. On the 7135 we can totally geek out.

I have had my 7135 since March. It has crashed or frozen up on me several times. I have had it replaced once. I have had issues with both Kyocera and my carrier, but when push came to shove, both companies stood behind their product and made went the extra mile to satisfy me as a customer.

Through this forum I have found many helpful hints and hopefully imparted a few comments that may have been helpful to others. Over the past six months I have learned what works and what does not work on my 7135. I have tweaked my 7135 far beyond what most 7135 users would and I have found the right combination of software and hacks for me. The device is stable until I again decide to alter my current configuration to add one more must have app or install one more hack to further "optimize” my 7135.

We are the commercial lab rats for the second generation of convergence devices, and of the first generation of convergence devices with the ability to load a staggering amount of software and data on a platform this size due to the memory card slot now available to us.

This device can be a concert hall, a game platform, an e-mail box for multiple accounts, a fax machine, a project manager, a news retrieval center, a book reader and editor of many formats, an office suite software platform which can deal with native computer platform file formats, an inventory control system, a highly sophisticated calculator of many disciplines, a powerful database manager, a mini-theater, a GPS platform, a real-time Internet access point, infinitely customizable and much more. Oh yes, it's also a phone and PDA.

Does it have problems? Yes. Is it crap? Definitely not.

Ananda, when you tell your story please do not go into your research with the mindset that you are exposing a commercial rip-off or failure. This just is not the case. The 7135 is an astounding platform. It does demand more of a user than any other phone or PDA, but if one is willing to deal with the learning curve, it is a very powerful business tool which can definitely help one be more productive.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like the glass if half full side of the 7135 story.

Respectfully, Bill Cottun
    bcottun

Yeah, what he said

I have had no issues with my phone other than self-inflicted ones. I am a heavy user of both the palm and the phone and frequently end up using the palm while on the phone. I use the phone for business and pleasure, with and without a keyboard and frequently for connected tasks (email, SMS etc). A big thumbs up here.

My roommmate also has this phone and is a very light user. She has also had no problems.

Re: The glass is half full.

Originally posted by bcottun

Ananda, when you tell your story please do not go into your research with the mindset that you are exposing a commercial rip-off or failure. This just is not the case. The 7135 is an astounding platform. It does demand more of a user than any other phone or PDA, but if one is willing to deal with the learning curve, it is a very powerful business tool which can definitely help one be more productive.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like the glass if half full side of the 7135 story.

Respectfully, Bill Cottun
    I strongly second Bill's comments. My only complaint with the 7135 is the underpowered processor, but I knew about that when I bought it and it doesn't affect the actual functionality of the unit, only the speed with some applications.

I have so many productive apps, hacks, etc. on the 7135 that I am actually more surprised that it works with all that stuff, period -- so a couple of soft resets a month don't bother me at all. Never had to do a hard reset. I've seen some 3rd party apps cause constant crashes (ie Today), so I just remove them and the 7135 recovers nicely. There are always alternative apps out there that run fine on the 7135.

I have to reboot my PC more often than the 7135.

I tend to be a bit of a 'latest-gadget' freak and am always on the lookout for a Palm-based phone that would be 'better' (ie faster processor, higher resolution, +) than the 7135, but there isn't anything yet. (sorry, I've looked at the TREO, not technologically advanced enough to justify switching to Sprint)

Johnathen Lieber
    Sniff, that was beautiful man!

Very well said. I work in the software world both as support and for training. I can name people that install our software and have NO problems and I can name people that install the software and have nothing but problems. Fortunatly (sp?) for me we have 275,000+ users that do not have problems, which far outweigh the number that do have problems.

Is our software bulletproof... no. But more people use it with few to no problems....

Isn't that lovely? Hmmm? curwiler's Avatar
    I'd like second bcottun's message, and also add my $0.02.

I have had my 7135 device since April. Since then, I have experienced some fatal exceptions that have required me to soft reset the device. That is, until I got the latest firmware. Now, the only thing that has seemed to cause a breakdown has been the receipt of certain text messages (ironically, from my wife ).

Oh, and as far as soft resets, I remember having to do them on my old Palm Pilot device years ago, too.

The only other problem is the battery life, so I have two batteries as well as a charger on my desk, a car charger, and a travel charger (so I don't forget it ) And I'm not sure why you're seeing problems with a low battery - I've run my batteries down to the point where I can't even turn on the PDA side, and have never had a problem.

These are the ONLY issues I have with my phone. Some programs simply don't work, just like Bill said. It's the nature of the beast - the integration of the phone, PDA, MP3 player, etc. is bound to have issues, especially since Kyo had to modify the Palm OS to make it work on the phone.

So, I absolutely love this phone, not because I'm some kind of Kyocera loyalist or something, but because it does what I expect it to do. It is a very good phone with a very good PDA integrated with it. I love being able to use it as a modem when I'm on the road for no additional cost to me. I enjoy playing games on it when I'm bored. It's awesome to be able to jot a reminder to myself wihtout having to pull out a seperate device. I love being able to look up someone in my address book and dial them directly. I think it's awesome to fire up the browser and check my flight status when I'm on the road, and also get the weather report for where I'm headed. And it's really great to send an email to my wife to remind her I miss her. On and on... all of this on a single device!

I guess it's all about expectations. I expected this phone to be what it is. I think there are some people whose expectations are beyond the currently available technology's limits. The form factor of this phone is what I was attracted to the most - it's really not all that much bigger than my old Moto TimePort, but infinitely more flexible and useful.

Anyway, I'm with Bill - I'm a glass-half-full type of person when it comes to this phone. As is nearly everyone else on this board, from what I can tell.
    -Chuck

pzc
    I have my phone since April 2003. No major problems other then self inflicted via rather uncoordinated piling on of various software on it. I cleaned up my act and things are rather smooth. The only annoyance is that when I upgraded to the latest firmware which gave me Graffiti 2 one of my critical apps stopped working. This has to do with using Polish alphabet on Palm – this is a Palm OS issue. Key observations:

- Overall, I’m extremely happy with the device and would buy it all over again without hesitation. :angel2

- Strictly from a phone perspective, this device is not as rock solid as a typical cell phone. If that’s all that one needs, this device is not for them.

- From a convergence perspective, this device is an absolute marvel. The best that there is. I specifically like the clam shell packaging. :angel2

- As a personal computer (and that’s what it really is) its stability is no better or worse than Windows XP – my Toshiba Tablet PC crashes at least once per week. One needs to have certain patience with it.

- From a hardware quality perspective this device is amazing. I sent it flying across city sidewalks quite a few times and – nothing, it just keeps working. :angel2

- Data loss on this device is always self inflicted in a sense that daily automatic backup to a SD card is a must and super easy to setup. Kyocera should have foreseen this and ship the phone with an auto backup software and a sufficient size SD card out of the box. This they missed big time.

- Verizon and Kyocera service is OK as far as I’m concerned. They do answer when I call or visit the local store, they always try to help, some on the staff are better than the others but no horror stories here from me. In fact, when I was trying to change my service based on tips from this forum, Verizon people in Nashua, NH, went out of their way to learn what the issue was and how to get the task accomplished.

- Much needs to be said regarding this forum. It is an endless source of suggestions, support and problem solving. It is an incredible example how a particular technology is not an island and why it can’t succeed without early adaptors. These people are willing to devote time and go an extra mile for the sheer challenge and exhilaration of getting there first. We’d be dead without these people and without the wonders of internet (thank you again Al Gore).

- I use it all the time with the following priority:

1. MP3 player (30%)
    2. Calendar/Address book (30%)
    3. Phone (10%)
    4. Email – home and office accounts (10%)
    5. Web browsing (10%)
    6. Dictionary (5%)
    7. Picture viewing (5%)

Hope this helps.

Re: The glass is half full.

Originally posted by bcottun

Please feel free to contact me if you would like the glass if half full side of the 7135 story
    Very nicely put. Very balanced. Somewhat understated on the "user learning curve" problem.

You didn't touch on the problem of support and the market the phone is being sold into. It is a relatively complex hardware/software device. Compare it with the majority of phones that are sold like wristwatches and expected to perform the same. The expectation is that you turn it on and use it like your home phone. All of a sudden you try to introduce a device into that mix that involves networking, uncontrolled addition of third party apps, and customization. Everybody complains about how restricted things are that are obtainable through GIN and the like. Well, this is your reason. Those things have to go through extensive testing and evaluation until they are deemed idiot proof. Only then are they supportable given the average user base.

Everybody thinks they are an expert and everybody has the expectation that they are protected from shooting themselves in the foot. Its targeted at a niche market but there is no way to restrict it to just that market. Its kind of like selling dynamite at Kmart (ok, maybe not the perfect analogy).

So VZW sells these to cover a *very* small portion of the market. Their support personel are trained for the "normal" kind of phones which constitute the HUGELY overwhelming portion of their business. Its simply not cost effective to train these people to the level of computer software experts to support 1 in a million phones. So how do you provide support? Simple, replace it for almost *any* reason. Does that mean the device is a lemon? No, its simply the support method they have chosen.

For individual users (I believe VZW intended this primarily for business accounts) that means that often they will not get their problem solved or even find out what it is. They load up incompatible software, take the phone in and have it replaced, load up their incompatible software again, ... possibly repeat a few times, end up dissatisified and move on. Should VZW address that? If I was a stock holder I'd say NO. Not cost effective.

-Quick

Well, I guess I'm not as forgiving as bcottun when I consider my over all experience with my (third) 7135.
    Why, you may ask?
    Because I'm sick and tired of "half-assed" and "unwilling beta tester" as being the first thing that comes to mind when I think of this and many other "modern technological marvels".

For me, it has always been something with this phone. Frequent crashes (with no additional software on it), hangups, and don't get me started about the contrast glitch, which was happening half of the time I opened it. So now I'm 3 phones in (since June) and I just got back from the Verizon store yesterday after having the software upgraded, and guess what? The contrast bug is fixed, and now everything that I didn't have problems with previously I have now (I can't even access Voicemail though the VM preset that you can't use for anything else).
    It is absolutely inexcuseable that I should have to spend $500 for a phone only to hear folks on this site (and at Kyocera!-I had a Tech rep tell me to get it) say that a SD backup "is a must". If it's "a must" then it should come with the phone, damn it.

I think the problem is is that we (by we I mean folks at this site and else where who have a "thing", if you will, for things electronic and technology-driven, either out neccessity or plain want) are sometimes too anxious to get a new product, or request it, or get mad when it is delayed, and then too forgiving of mediocrity when the thing comes to market half-baked-mainly in response to our lack of patience. Companies such as Kyocera and Microsoft know that alot of us will accept inferior quality or reliability, if only to hold the product in our hands right now.

Now, while I wanted this phone since this time last year I decided not to buy the alltel version. I figured that I would wait until the Verizon version came out, mainly to avoid the very problems I have with this phone every day. I would have waited another year if it meant that I wouldn't have the title "guinea pig" after my name in regards to beta testing this phone. I own my own business; When I lose productivity for a day (on more than one occasion) because although the phone is powered up it won't receive calls (or indicate VMs) I become upset, because it is affecting my livelyhood. I shouldn't have to pay $500 for that. Hell, I can pay some slob off the street $7/hr to do that. I don't have time for a product that only performs as advertised when it wants to, or that requires that I should be patient while it takes a break from work; If I wanted that, I would have purchased Hal, or the android in the first Alien. The 7135 is only demanding in that it expects you to be satisfied with tempermental behavior. And as much as some of us would like to cite "user error" or a "steep learning curve" as viable, honest reasons for the litany of problems that this phone has produced for many forum members I say this; the only thing "steep" about the learning curve for this phone is that I feel the need to break out the programming skills
    to pick up the slack for the bums in Kyocera / Verizon product development and Q/C.

It wasn't too long ago that I "switched" to a Mac/Linux office because my windows environment caused me one too many lost hours of productivity for down-time; Unfortunately now my 7135 is the weak link in my business. And as soon as I can find a viable non microsoft product (even if it means "regressing" to a separate phone/pda combo) to take its place I will allow it to be the $500 paper weight it has so often attempted to become while in my possession, when all I ever wanted was it to be an asset for my business(as advertised)-not a liability.

Cheers,

Dennis
    "plus ca change, plus c’est la meme chose"

Every regular Palm device crashes once in a while if you add applications, so the 7135 being a Palm device will crash too. Pocket PC devices crash even more than Palm devices.

So if you want something that never crashes then get something that is static, meaning no additional programs can be uploaded.

The only alternative I am looking at now is possibly getting the best PDA on the market like the Tungsten T3, and adding a small Bluetooth phone to it. However the selection of Bluetooth phones is still limited, especially with Verizon.

So it's a tradeoff - you want all the bells and whistles, then put up with some crashes, otherwise get a boring regular phone.

I don't mind "once in a while", crash-wise. Hell, even my recently "switched" to macs suffer hiccups every now and again. But they hiccup 95% less than my pcs did, and when they do, they don't burn down the house the way 2kpro and XPpro had such a penchant for. And I've been using palm devices since '97; This is the first palm OS device I've ever owned that crashed more than once every 3 months (more like 3 times a day with this one). I don't think it has anything to do with the Palm part. Rather, I think it entirely has to do with how (or how well) Kyocera integrated the Palm OS with their phone hardware/software and how dilligent Verizon was or wasn't in doing comprehensive QC before bringing this product into primetime. Fact of the matter is it wasn't ready.

You use the word "boring" as though I should be happy to have such an "exciting" phone as my 7135, one that cares so much about me it regularly does something funky to keep me "on my toes". If "boring" = "reliable", then yes, I love boring stuff. I love my "boring" macs, linux servers, pre-7135 smartphone Palms, my "regular" Timeport Bluetooth phone, my Airstream, etc. I guess the only "exciting" things I own are my '67 Alfa Romeo boattail spider and my Moto Guzzi. But then again, I don't use them (or my Airstream-but it is bone-"reliable") to keep food on my plate.
    "plus ca change, plus c’est la meme chose"

i would like to hear more e double.

Dear e dub,
    i posted on this site to gather horror stories on the 7135 and so far, i have only gotten two (one being yours). everyone seems to think that i should find the biggest nerd at my local gateway dealer and be his eye candy or arm charm just to stabalize my phone. i am an undercover geek; a female bo jackson of things to do, things to know, and things to have. i may know more than the average person about gadgets (i have an acer tablet also) and i may be able to tune up your car while simultaneously kicking your butt in Halo, but i do not have the experience nor the time to experiment with different types of software to see what is right for my phone.
    it is a device, not a person on meds. i did not spend all that money to take it to the doctors every time it coughs. i can't back up the data every ten seconds because i am paranoid about taking my laptop everywhere(my car was broken into before) and the tablet cost me over $2500 when it first came out. i am not goung to get that backup card someone suggested either. and about the phone being for business, any business person whose battery never gets hot and can back up info that many times a day has too much time on their hands.
    i can't enter an address in my dayplanner and head out to an audition or goodness forbid an actual shoot only to have it erase halfway their. i can't be on a call with a presidential candidate or head of some company and have my phone cut out in the middle of a newspaper interview. when you buy a product, you expect it to perform to a certain degree. maybe all the full time geeks out there don't mind the crashes and have the ba or ma under their belt to install additional software. but for the part timers like me who desperately need the device to work, this is unacceptable. why is everyone making excuses?
    if i got a job as a budwiser girl and i had rolls of fat, are you going to say, "oh well, she just needs to do some situps. if we just adjust the contrast on the tv set or scan this picture and edit in photo shop then she will be good enough to put on the wall. no, you expect the advertising company to make sure that i look good prior to your buying the poster or seeing the commercial.
    i feel the same way about this phone. i should not have to settle for a regular phone and a seperate pda just because the phone is only stable if you were a cis major. anyway, i usually don't have pockets on my outfits and i can't fit both into a bikini top at a club.
    if kyocera said hey, this product will crash and you have to do blah blah and i bought it anyway then it would be a different story. but they didn't and they, along with verizon should take some responsibility. if any of you had a problem with your playboy calendar (if your wives let you have one) i would be more understanding and join your fight against inferior models even if my calendar was fine.
    now that i have gotten all that off my chest, i would appreciate if e dub would detail the 7135 experience for me becuase everyone else writes as though they have stock in kyocera and fear my article will make their share prices drop.
    p.s. well put e dub.

Folks,

The 7135 has not been a good phone. The phisical design is great, but the software has not been good. I bought the first one almost a year ago, and the software problems persist to this day. Two people got them in my office, and they both ended up returning them.

We can argue about third party software, etc. They may have caused the problems. I am sure that Verizon and Kyo sold many fewer than they wanted and this line is dead.

Glenn