+ Reply to Thread

Qualcomm GPS-ONE

Hey Guys, check this out. I found this link on another site while I was looking up info for my girlfriends phone.

http://www.cdmatech.com/solutions/pr...psone_cdma.jsp

Business oriented, not a personal GPS option

A quick review of some of the site info points to a business fleet or inventory tracking system rather than a personal GPS product we could load on our 7135's. While there may be a Palm interface somewhere in this product I did not spend much time researching it once I determined this is not a personal GPS system.

Bill
    bcottun

The 7135 already HAS this, actually an enhanced version of it that uses wireless assist. As has been discussed elsewhere here, it is not accessable from the Palm side unless KYO decided to update their API to provide access.

While poking around in the debug section of the phone (dial 111111, pg down to options, go to debug and enter 000000 on VZ phones), there is a position location section. Has anyone figured out if this works and what the settings are?

I haven't read through all posts in old threads, but this has to be the key to GPS on the phone....
    Here, have a clue. No, take two, they're small.....

I'll save you the trouble of looking through the old posts. Don't waste any more time in this. There are no user accessable aspects of GPS on the phone. The ONLY thing that it does is support E911 once the networks have it working, and whatever other location based service they decide to use your location for. As of yet, there is nothing.

Originally posted by Osteo
    While poking around in the debug section of the phone (dial 111111, pg down to options, go to debug and enter 000000 on VZ phones), there is a position location section. Has anyone figured out if this works and what the settings are?

I haven't read through all posts in old threads, but this has to be the key to GPS on the phone....