+ Reply to Thread

Palm backup, archive and other files

Hi,

My Palm directory's content is multiplying like rabbits

I have 2 user directories-One is from my old Palm3, secong for 7135.
    When I open this Palm directory I see User for "Myname-Kyocera" and another user "Myname"(Palm3). and another User: "Myname-" no clue how this got here! Notice the (-)...

I have renamed the second 2 and moved them into another loacation, using just the "Myname-kyocera" .

Soon the "Myname-" was back!! It is confusing.

Also, within these user directories I see: Backup, BackupO and Archive, all containg more or less the same files>

I would like to clean all this out and consolidate. What can I delete and how do I recreate ONE directory w/o loosing info?

P.s I am using BackUp Buddy (paid for.)

Thanks for any info.

Since you have everything on your phone and backed up. Delete all the folders and see what gets created. The sync will take longer, but what have you got to lose?

I don't know, but could those be backup buddy directories since you have the paid for version?
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

I am also using the paid-for version of BB and there are no extra directories on my PC. Now there is a Windows version (I think) and I don't know about that one, but I have a single backup directory and a single archive directory.

Yes, I think it is connected to the Back Up Buddy. It created it's own directory. "User name -" outside my user profile....
    I am trying now to move it INSIDE my profile directory. Contacted Back up Buddy tech support to learn how to do that, because it wasn't well described in the manual. This is what the manual states:

By clicking on the "B" icon in the upper left-hand corner of the BackupBuddy
    Configuration Manager, each user can easily view and manipulate his or her backup
    directory, archived files directory, FlashROM files directory and Handspring Flash card
    directory from the menu.
    ----------------------------