+ Reply to Thread

Re: Eudora crashes- no replies so far....

I am posting a duplicate of a message previously posted by someone else, w/o any replies. I have exactly the same problem.

Did anyone here figure out why the fatal error happens when using Eudora or Eudora Browser?

Here is a copy of the message:

I have upgraded to the newest software. I now cannot use Eudora mail or web. When I try to create an email or browse the web I get 'DataMgr.c, Line 7386. DMwrite: DMwriteCheck failed' and I have to reset the phone. Any suggestions?

Second question:
    If I decide to go with Snapper and don't want to use Multi Mail, Eudora, Mail, can I delete them? Or are they protected in this Palm OS and I am stuck with them clogging up my space?

Do other data apps work fine?

Can you access the web by first establishing a connection using the Network panel in the Prefs PDA application? If that causes an immediate crash without running Eudora, you might try deleting kwc_CallHistoryDB using a file manager app.

If Eudora and Eudora Web are the only network apps that crash, consider deleting any files in RAM with the creator ID QCwb. Any cached data, including bookmarks, likely will be lost.

Don't forget to backup first. I'm just making a wild guess here.

Sometimes people don't reply right away since we know that the answer is found in the threads.

I searched and found this to solve a similar problem I experienced several months ago. Try erasing the eudora scratchpad file.

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...rash#post17094

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...rash#post10146

In all fairness those threads are in the 6035 area, which some 7135 users (myself included) may not bother searching.

pzc
    I had the same problem after upgrading to the new firmware. Gave up and moved on to Snapper and WebPro - much better functionality than Eudora.

Originally posted by Beryl
    Sometimes people don't reply right away since we know that the answer is found in the threads.

I searched and found this to solve a similar problem I experienced several months ago. Try erasing the eudora scratchpad file.

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...rash#post17094

http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...rash#post10146
    I have to completely agree with the lovely Beryl, these two threads are exactly what you need. As you will read in them, Alex's excellent advice cleared that Eudora crash problem up for me right away. So just delete the "scratchpad" file and you will be set! Best of luck.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

Re: Re: Eudora crashes- no replies so far....

Originally posted by snowboarder10
    When I try to create an email or browse the web I get 'DataMgr.c, Line 7386. DMwrite: DMwriteCheck failed' and I have to reset the phone.
    I just recently received my 2nd phone, this one had the upgraded software. I tried to use Eudora last night (for the first time on this phone) and got this same error.

Chip

I will try the scratchpad removing solution when I get a chance, thanks
    Lubos

You won't be disappointed, I assure you.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

I deleted the scratchpad and it started working right. Thanks to all...

Did you have to do a hard reset or just a hotsync with : Desktop overrides the hanheld?

Lubos

damn, there's just not enough time jonn doe's Avatar
    i would like to bump this because it is a quick and easy solution.
    i used filez to delete the eudora scratchpad and the problem went away. must have been some corruption in it that did not let a new message start

thanx o ye xpertz!

Gets better every day...... the phone that is.
    *He who lives with the most toys, wins!*
    [and if you are not winning.... alcohol helps]

Eudora crashing

Thank you to all for the information in this forum. I had my 7135's rom flashed to the newest firmware and both Eudora and Eudora web were crashing. I went in with one of my file managers and deleted the Eudora scratchpad file.

I did not need to do any kind of reset; both Eudora and Eudora web were fully operational after the simple deletion of the scratchpad file.

Thank you

rob

Glad folks are still finding this vital thread useful.
    ~'kito
    pdaPhoneHome Moderator

another satisfied customer

I knew this posting existing but I couldn't find it. It resolved my issue several years ago with my 6035 and just now with my 7135. I think this is a definate for the FAQ.

cheers
    bill

Talking

I can't tell you HOW happy you all just made me!!! I thought I was going to have to to a hard reset of my phone and slowly add allllll of my programs back on 1 by 1 to see what was causing my error! I tried digging around before for an answer to this issue, but it wasn't until just now that I found this thread which fixed my issue. Deleting the scratchpad was my savior. Thank you all for the help!!!!!!