+ Reply to Thread

Flip noise vs Energy Saver??

Just downloaded Energy Saver, but when I run it, it beeps as it turns the phone on and off, which gets pretty annoying. But if I turn off phone sounds, I can't here the open/close flip sounds.

Any workaround for this? Maybe some sort of hack to kill the phone on/off noise? In my spotty coverage area, I *ABSOLUTELY NEED* Energy saver.

Just curious I guess, but why do you even want the flip open/close sounds? That's the first thing I turned off on my 7135. Seems to me that the open/close sound is pretty useless - it's pretty obvious when your phone is open or closed.
    "You live and learn - or you don't live long." - Robert Heinlein

Originally posted by AJRitz
    Just curious I guess, but why do you even want the flip open/close sounds? That's the first thing I turned off on my 7135. Seems to me that the open/close sound is pretty useless - it's pretty obvious when your phone is open or closed.
    [list=1][*]You want *others* to notice that you've opened your phone[*]Mine is a subtle tricorder sound... I amuse myself every time I open it[/list=1]

-Quick

Originally posted by Quick
    [list=1][*]You want *others* to notice that you've opened your phone[*]Mine is a subtle tricorder sound... I amuse myself every time I open it[/list=1]-Quick
    Yeah, it's there solely for the amusement and geek factors. Add a tricorder ring and flip it open like William Shatner to complete the effect.

Seems to me that the open/close sound is pretty useless - it's pretty obvious when your phone is open or closed.
    Its a difference of opinion that makes horseraces. I guess if nobody liked the noises they wouldn't have them, and if everybody liked them, you wouldn't be able to turn them off.

To each, his phone.

I have the tri-corder sound when I open it, and a door slamming sound when I close mine. I like the flip closed sound because that indicates that the palm side has indeed gone to sleep. If I don't here it, I know there's something wrong.
    Michael

Usless, USELESS! They can't be useless because the are coo-el. I replaced my communicator chirp with a "chirp-Kirk here". Yes, yes, yes it's a geek thing.
    On a more pratical note when I get home I put my 7135 on the charging cradle in my office. If I hear the filp sound go off its a pretty dead giveaway the one of my kids (2,4,6yrs) is in my office and up to no good! They're usually looking to play insaneaquarium!
    mg