+ Reply to Thread

sz 1.0.23, mz 1.0.44 is this the newest firmware?

I just spent an hour and a half waiting for this "upgrade" i'm not sure if this is the newest one. can anybody help? i don't think i have graffitti 2, what are some of the differences so I can check?

thanks,
    mark

Re: sz 1.0.23, mz 1.0.44 is this the newest firmware?

Bad news... you only got half of it. They only upgraded the phone software. The corresponding upgrade for the PDA side is sz 1.0.29. Its different from a regular phone since both sides are upgraded independently (2 separate downloads). Sorry. I don't think anyone knows for sure but I would recommend going back for the PDA half. They are fairly tightly integrated. *if* the upgrades included changes to any of the interfaces between the two or changes to one side that has a dependency on corresponding changes to the other side you will have problems.

-Quick

I WASTED ALMOST 2 ** HOURS WAITING FOR THE *** **** UPGRADE. I HATE THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE FULL OF INCOMPETENT **** *** WORKING CHIMPS.

I CANNOT EVEN EXPRESS HOW MUCH THIS PHONE, THIS COMPANY AND EVERYTHING, PLACE AND BODY ASSOCIATED WITH VERIZON HAS PISSED ME OFF.

******* *. I HAVE NO TIME FOR THIS ********.

Originally posted by badboy513
    I feel your pain. You have to take into account that its a smartphone and different than the millions of other phones they upgrade daily -- they don't have a palm in them to upgrade along with the phone.

No excuse for VZW. The upgrade notes should have a flashing glowing warning to draw attention to it for the techs. Then again some would miss it anyway. I'll bet if you asked you would find that yours was one of the very first ones this particular tech had upgraded. Then again I would guess that they didn't bother reading the whole instructions. Not much excuse for that.

-Quick

just went from 7135 to 6315.

I got upgraded today also.

I spent 2 hours waiting to get upgraded today. After i spent an hour waiting for the first store to open, to find out their kyo cable didn't work. So i went to the 2nd store, and they had to call around to get someone to fax them the instructions.
    It took about 2 hours for the upgrade. They hadn't done very many 7135's and they upgraded one part twice by mistake.
    I had never updated before, and was running 1.23 and 1.36 i think. Now i am running 1.0.29 and 1.0.44
    I do have the Graffiti 2, which i don't care about, I use message ease stamp.
    I had a pretty stable phone before, and it seems to be as stable as before. I haven't been able to make it re-set yet.
    I think that the majority of us 7135er's push the phone as far as we can, and expect to have a mishap here and there. It's the price we pay for pushing it towards the edge.
    Unfortunately, the phone seems to have had a small manufacturing run compared to most phones, maybe due to a smaller target group ( us ). Add to that the lemons that went out and it makes kyo and verizon look bad.
    I think Verizon's service towards the 7135 has been seriuosly lacking, but if you only sell 1 of these to every 50 clone phones with a camera built in, your going to have a difficult time supporting the 1. Your people just aren't going to know as much about it. Add to that the very small # of verizon employees that actually own a 7135 ( i haven't met one yet ) and there doesn't seem to be a lot of incentive for verizon's people to spend any time learning about these. Once you find a store that knows how to update, try to go back there if you need anything.
    I have learned a great deal here at the site, and have taken advantage of that when dealing with Verizon. I would suggest that it would be worth doing some research here on any problem before dealing with Verizon again. I have found that they listen much better when they know that you know what you're talking about. And some of them are grateful when they learn something from you. While i spent my 2 hours in there today, i talked to a couple that were looking at the phone ( for her ) and i'm pretty sure that they bought it after i left. I should go back in and ask for my commission. Or some free data time.

badboy513, I'm sorry to hear it. I hate to say that I'm not surprised, but I'm really not surprised. I don't expect Verizon staff to know everything, but when it comes to this type of thing, it truly is sad. The people that work in these service centers, regardless of their age or lack of better pay, receive the necessary training.

Unlike a lot of people, I upgraded the firmware on my 7135 myself at home. Now I like to think of myself as smarter than the average guy, but I'm no genius and this stuff does not take a rocket scientist to complete properly. It also didn't take me an hour and a half and I did it right the first time.

I would be just as angry as badboy513 because it's nothing more than carelessness on the part of the employee. Personally, my recommendation would be for badboy513 to go back to the store, speak to the manager and ask why it is that he was forced to wait such a long time to wait for only half the job being done. No, it won't do anything to solve the problem; his time has already been wasted. But if that Verizon store has a smart manager, he or she will make an effort to see that it doesn't happen again to someone else. Don't go in yelling and screaming, that will do even less. But I'm a big fan of confronting stupidity head-on. It does work.....sometimes.