+ Reply to Thread

How do I auto dial for messages?

I just got my second 7135. First one died with white screen. Love it. Can someone tell me in " layman" terms how to auto dial for my messages. When I'm driving down the road, I don't want to put in password etc.
    I read the post from alan, who stated to go to Messages application, open the menu, and select voice mail.
    When I hit the messages icon, and hit the down arrow, I don't see "voice mail' listed.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    Glenn

Glenn,

I took the easy way. I made a new entry in my contact, VoiceMail Test. Telephone number is my cell phone (call your self, and get mobile to mobile credit), xxxxxxxxxx,,#Password,11.

John
    John H. Boyd

pzc
    Reprogram #1 kepad key. See here:
    http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbul...&threadid=7331

Re: How do I auto dial for messages?

Originally posted by 57guy
    I just got my second 7135. First one died with white screen. Love it. Can someone tell me in " layman" terms how to auto dial for my messages. When I'm driving down the road, I don't want to put in password etc.
    I read the post from alan, who stated to go to Messages application, open the menu, and select voice mail.
    When I hit the messages icon, and hit the down arrow, I don't see "voice mail' listed.
    Thanks in advance for the help.
    Glenn
    Not the "down arrow" (on the right), but the Menu (hit the menu button in your graffiti area, or just tap on the word Messages on the top left of the screen).....

Alan

The following worked for me:

*86,,#_ _ _ _#1

(_ _ _ _ = Password)

It works

Drmns
    I just tried your method and it works great, It also worked when I stored it in contacts, but I had to hit to many buttons.
    Thanks
    Glenn

damn, there's just not enough time jonn doe's Avatar
    the advantage in actually dialing your whole number is that if you are traveling and outside a VZ direct dial on a cooperating network, you can still get your voicemail where *86 will not work.
    Gets better every day...... the phone that is.
    *He who lives with the most toys, wins!*
    [and if you are not winning.... alcohol helps]

pzc

Re: It works

Originally posted by 57guy
    Drmns
    I just tried your method and it works great, It also worked when I stored it in contacts, but I had to hit to many buttons.
    Thanks
    Glenn
    Assign a speed dial key to the contact and then its just one click away.

Assign a speed dial key to the contact and then its just one click away.

another one? why have two speed dial numbers for voice mail? you should be able to put all the numbers, pauses, passwords to the speed dial already assigned (# 1) but if you don't have a lot of contacts on speed dial and don't mind loosing a speed dial number then use what works

Originally posted by PNYPWR76
    another one? why have two speed dial numbers for voice mail? you should be able to put all the numbers, pauses, passwords to the speed dial already assigned (# 1) but if you don't have a lot of contacts on speed dial and don't mind loosing a speed dial number then use what works
    Just follow this, and you'll have what you want.
    http://www.smartphonesource.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7331

Originally posted by JohnBoyd
    Glenn,

I took the easy way. I made a new entry in my contact, VoiceMail Test. Telephone number is my cell phone (call your self, and get mobile to mobile credit), xxxxxxxxxx,,#Password,11.

John
    John, have you tested and confirmed this? I was told (by one Verizon rep) as soon as the call is transfered to voice mail it is no longer a mobile to mobile call.

Anyone know?
    -Data Rox

don't get me wrong I don't have a problem. I just press # 1 for 2 seconds and it does the rest. I just couldn't understand why somebody would go out of their way to make another contact under the address book for voice mail and then add it to speed dial. voice mail is already there.
    that link might help JohnBoyd and 57Guy who sound like they have two speed dials set for the same thing

Data Rox
    I think it is still m2m because I have a lot of friends on vz and I know i don't always get ahold of them sometimes I leave voice mails. wouldn't you think that there would be two listings in the detailed part of your bill for the same number one for m2m and one for air time. even if you are within you minutes both would show up at a cost of .00 you know what I mean?

Originally posted by Data Rox
    John, have you tested and confirmed this? I was told (by one Verizon rep) as soon as the call is transfered to voice mail it is no longer a mobile to mobile call. Anyone know?
    I'm in the Bay Area (may differ at your location) and its been a while since I checked.

Calling my own cell number from my cell phone was billed as M2M.
    Calling *86 was not M2M.
    They *used* to take M2M minutes before N&W minutes (this has changed so they take N&W first, then M2M).

If it was during peak time I would call my cell number to use M2M instead of peak minutes.
    If it was during N&W time I would call *86 to save M2M minutes and use the (virtually unlimited) N&W minutes.

Now I simply call my cell number all the time.

On my bill its listed as MNR with a destination of Mailbox.

M = Mobile to Mobile
    N = Mob to Mob Allow Mins
    R = Voice Mail Retrieval

Again, it may vary depending on where you have your service from. I don't think VZW has completely unified its billing system after all the acquisitions.

-Quick

Originally posted by Quick
    I'm in the Bay Area (may differ at your location) and its been a while since I checked.
    Actually, I checked my last bill while writing this so its pretty recent information.
    -Quick

Originally posted by Data Rox
    John, have you tested and confirmed this? I was told (by one Verizon rep) as soon as the call is transfered to voice mail it is no longer a mobile to mobile call.

Anyone know?
    I will have to make some notes, and then check my bill when it comes in. That is the only way I know for sure.

If you don't get m2m credit, you haven't lost anything because the *86 is charged to your allowance.
    John H. Boyd