+ Reply to Thread

Outlook task alarms on Kyo?

When I set up tasks in Outlook, I can set alarms to remind me when they're due, but alas, the Palm has no such functionality out of the box.

Does anyone know of an app that will allow me to get task alarms on my Kyo that will also hotsync the alarm flag with Outlook?

DRC
    The PocketMirror conduit does this.

Under "Additional Applications" select "Outlook Conduit" on the CD.

Then in Outlook, (or PocketMirror settings) set the conduits you want to sync (calendar, in your case. I use all four)
    DRC

I understand that Pocket Mirror syncs the tasks, but I'm specifically looking for the alarm functionality to sync. The standard Palm task app doesn't have any task alarm settings, so therefore I'd need a new task application (one that perhaps extended the built-in task functionality, the way DateBk5 extends the built-in calendar functionality) to handle tasks with alarms.

Again, I realize that there are apps that add task alarms, but I'm looking for one that will synchronize the alarm information associated with my Outlook task with the new task app on the Palm. The app would probably need to have it's own conduit for syncing this information, as neither Pocket Mirror nor Intellisync seem to be able to do this on their own.

Resident Curmudgeon
    I'm a wee bit corn-fused...

My OutLook alarms and the Palm DateBook alarms have always sync'ed with each other. My 7135 cheerfully chirps to alert me to upcoming events. I've recently added DateBk5, but that hasn't changed anything (it adds features to the existing databases, but didn't take my alarms away).

Am I missing something here ???

-PatP

Originally posted by PatP
    I'm a wee bit corn-fused...

My OutLook alarms and the Palm DateBook alarms have always sync'ed with each other. My 7135 cheerfully chirps to alert me to upcoming events. I've recently added DateBk5, but that hasn't changed anything (it adds features to the existing databases, but didn't take my alarms away).

Am I missing something here ???

-PatP
    The original poster is not talking about Outlook Calendar alarms, but Outlook TASK alarms. Tasks's are Outlooks version of the ToDo list, but you can set alarms on the items to make sure you do them at the appropriate date and time.

Alan

Resident Curmudgeon
    Thanks Alan! I knew that I had to be missing something... I never even knew that a "To Do" could have an alarm.

In the Palm "To Do" application, I can't see any alarm choices. It seems that I can set alarms on a ToDo item within DateBk5, so now I have to go play!

-PatP

Thanks for the help in clarifying my question (at last!). Now, if there was only a way for DateBk To-Dos to know when Outlook has an alarm on a task.

Tried task pro, but it doesn't have sync capabilities. No more ideas?

Palm Desktop 4.1.3 - Does it

See I'm looking for the same thing... to assign alarms to PALM TO-DO's. Found out that the 4.1.3 desktop software now allow to assign and alarm to a to-do but devices NOT running OS5 do not recognize the feature.

THIS SUCKS!!!! How lame not to have an audible reminder for tasks!!! Why put 'em in a PDA if it can't remind you???? I'm pi$$ed at the PD designers.
    So... what's in your pocket?

Palm V --> Visor Edge --> Jornada 720 --> Tungsten T2 --> K7135 --> Back to my T2 --> What should I get now???

Try DateBk5.......

I have alarms on lots of my to dos. I am not certain it syncs with Outlook, but it uses the data from the Palm Desktop, so I would think it would be compatible with Outlook.
    Krazman - "IT MAY BE THAT YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE IS TO SERVE AS A WARNING TO OTHERS"

So, I'm guessing you too have a 7135... and what sync software do you have? Cause I'm so on the fence about what to use Outlook or Palm Desktop....
    So... what's in your pocket?

Palm V --> Visor Edge --> Jornada 720 --> Tungsten T2 --> K7135 --> Back to my T2 --> What should I get now???

This may help: Any task that you wish done at a certain time you can drag in Outlook over the date & time in Calendar and that will create a calendar event, with alarm by default, for that task. Or even several tasks. The next sync will put that alarmed calendar entry in your handheld and when the alarm goes off, the notes of that entry will be your one or more tasks. Just be advised there's a 4096 character limit.

Good luck.
    In every belief is a lie.